Post-Game Talk: Pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Avs don't find a way to get the PP going, they're toast. They haven't scored a PP goal this series (not counting the empty netter) and what's worse, they haven't really created a single scoring chance on it.

EJ settling down the puck every single time, losing the shooting window.
Benoit only moving the puck and insisting on doing it to teammates being covered.
MacKinnon trying to forcing cute plays, turning the puck over every single time.
Stastny and Landeskog trying their little plays down low with zero room.
Holden sneaking down to the post no matter where the puck is, basically taking himself out of the play and giving his teammates one less option to pass the puck to.

It's a mess and probably a massive headache for Roy. It's a momentum killer every time.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Please dear Avs, win the series so I don't have to read "messiah Granlund" being hyped with 5-10 articles a day in Finnish media.

Please. Just please.

One example: "Granlund, you make a man cry" This one

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Apart from Markov (who's probably going to re-sign with Montreal), Stralman (RH) and Niskanen (RH and he'll get paid more than he's worth) there's slim pickings.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Please, just please beat the Wild.

If they hit Suter a couple of times, he'll fold like a wet rag......He has for years.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
That was atrocious.

-ROR seems not to be able to create as a center anymore and needs a playmaker on his line. (I'm ready to be crucified by the Captain O'Reilly crew)
-Mack trying too hard to make the cutsie back passes and flip plays.
-EJ hitting anything remotely close to being in the way of the net.
------ZERO possession-----.
-Cliche, McLeod, Bords, PAP, etc generating nothing.
-Chasing and staring in the defensive zone
-Powerless Play

When my positives are the brief moments Malone was tossing the body on the Staz-Lando line making space, Talbot showing the effort everyone else lacked, and that Wilson was not as bad as I expected, I'm surprised I haven't broken my TV yet.

I want to see some changes next game although Roy does handle the matchups better in Denver so things may get back on track:
Lando - Staz - Hishon
ROR - MacK - McGinn
Malone - Talbot - PAP
McLeod - Cliche - Bords

It also pains me to realize how much I miss Johnny Malkin after how hard I've been on him this season.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
We're going to try having an Overall Series Thread.

I've opened it up to discuss the series, each game, so on and so forth, so the idea going forward would be that we would keep the GDT/PGT's open for the Game-Day only and then move the discussion to the Series Thread the next morning (or much later that night possibly)

So I'm closing this thread and we can continue the Series Discussion, including the pitifulness that was the Avs' SOG from last night, in that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad