Value of: Patches Trade Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Please rank the following Max Pacioretty trade targets. Feel free discuss potential deals, possibility of a deal happening, any additional trade prospects and anything else related.

Robert Thomas
Jordan Kyrou
Gabe Vilardi
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Henrik Borgstrom
Joe Veleno
Jesperi Kotkaniemi

The above are in no articular order. Obviously the Veleno and Kotkaniemi deals would be for a team with a draft pick in that range (Edmonton, NYI, Dallas and Florida)

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Thomas, Vilardi and Borgstrom are not being moved.

Kotkaniemi is probably the most likely, while still being somewhat unlikely.

I think he returns a 1st (top 20), roster player and b prospect

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
As a habs fan here is how I see your list

Pick that becomes either
Veleno or kotkaniemi most likely and plausible.
Rnh possible but not likely
Everyone else good luck

Last edited:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I am almost 100% positive that we are not going to trade Thomas or Kyrou for a year of Patches. I think if you are dealing with STL you are looking at a package of WPG 1st + Blais/Sanford. That being said if you guys keep trying to beat this narrative down everyone's throats that we are willing to give you either one of them I'm going to have to start saying the return will be Berglund.

NikNik1

Oct 11, 2017
Please rank the following Max Pacioretty trade targets. Feel free discuss potential deals, possibility of a deal happening, any additional trade prospects and anything else related.

Robert Thomas
Jordan Kyrou
Gabe Vilardi
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Henrik Borgstrom
Joe Veleno
Jesperi Kotkaniemi

The above are in no articular order. Obviously the Veleno and Kotkaniemi deals would be for a team with a draft pick in that range (Edmonton, NYI, Dallas and Florida)

Bro, i’m a big habs fan, and honestly those trade won’t happen...Those center value to much for their team... Forget the pick from Edm and the isles... The only team in that range that I see ready to move their pick is Dallas... But I really doubt... I’m chasing a late first and maybe great prospect.. We could even take a salary back... There’s a guy named Filip Hallander, a young center who has alotttttttt of potentiel... He should be there between 20 and 35... I take this late first to draft him... He’s gonna be soooo goood in 2-3 years... I honestly thing in 5 years when we are going to redraft this 2018 draft, he could end up as top 10 pick... Soo chase the late 1st and a great prospect...
my guess is
Ducks:
Mahura and 1st + salary for Max

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Robert Thomas
Jordan Kyrou
Gabe Vilardi
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Henrik Borgstrom
Joe Veleno
Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Each of Lee, Bailey and Eberle had more pts then Patches this season.
Sophmore Beau scored more goals then Patches.
Both JHS and Bellows will be in the mix for 2018-2019 nyi roster spots.

Take the isles off your wishlist because top 4D and goaltending are their biggest needs. Not a complimentary winger,set to hit the ufa market.

Reactions: WangMustGo

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Patches greatest values will be at the TDL. Why?

1) His cap hit will be small
2) He's rental (no long term 6-8 year hit)
3) He should be on a 30+ goal pace (Habs fans tell me this)

At the moment, he's 17 goal scorer on a one year contract - who know how he will perform? Will Habs send back a conditional 1st if Patches doesn't score 30 goals?

Reactions: 57special

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Pretty much every team in the league could use Pacioretty.
Can’t see a single one trading a core player or one of their best prospects for him, particularly if the player in question is a centre.

He is a rental winger. You’re looking at Rick Nash/Evander Kane type returns. You’re better off sitting on him and hoping his value increases at the deadline.

Argue all you want that he’s been a better player over his career. He wasn’t last year and every GM in the league has the same questions about him that Montreal does.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Blues arent trading their strong prospect pool unless its for a star or if its not a young guy with term. Kings arent trading Villardi. Nuge is untouchable. 10th overall will be used to address the Oilers RD problem. Florida also shouldnt be looking to move Borgstrom. They need cheap young depth. None of these trade targets are realistic if all you have to offer is Paches. Start with Drouin and itd make more sense for these guys to be targets.

Reactions: go4hockey

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Kotkaniemi could move up into the top 5. I don't think Patches gets a top 10 let alone top 5.
No. Not saying he wont end up worthing in that category as im realy realy high on him and the team who will draft him will likely have a steal but the draft has too much depth on the back end for kotka being in the top 5

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Can’t speak for the other teams but the Oilers have 0 interest in Pacioretty. Why would we trade the younger players who’s a center for an older winger with no term? This has been beaten to death, Oilers aren’t interested.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Fair enough that a lot of your teams wouldn't part with young talent, but their is a ton of under rating MaxPac in this thread. I will be interested to see what he gets,

Do you think it's underrating of his quality as a player/expected future performance OR do you think it's underrating of his value in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad