Proposal: Patches for Jenner and Anderson

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Patches is the best player in the deal, yet Anderson is perhaps the best up and coming power forward and Jenner is decent. With Patches term left I don't see Columbus doing a 2 for 1 and why does Montreal trade it's best forward and not get a legit top 6 center or LD back?

If Patches is moved it sould be for a young center prospect with high end potential and a similar prospect LD or 1st rd pick

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

shadowsonic1998

Dec 6, 2017
Columbus says no even if Pacioretty is the best player here.

Too much uncertainty going forward with Bobrovsky, Panarin, Werenski, and others needing contracts within 2 years.

Reactions: Monk and Viqsi

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
This addresses nobody's need. Creates more of a logjam on Montreal's wings, although Anderson's size would be appreciated.

MTL & CBJ are bad trading partners beyond minor deals.

Reactions: Monk

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Patches needs a contract at the same time as Bobrovsky, Werenski, and Panarin. He's simply not a guy Columbus would be after. Please stop trying to trade him to us.

What about in a deal for futures from Columbus? Pacioretty could be a "2 playoff run" rental in a sense.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Absolutely not a snowball's chance in hell. Anderson is doing fantastic work on the top line - indeed, he's presently outscoring MaxPac - and Jenner, while not doing so well at the moment, is still a valuable player here. Pacioretty has the more proven track record long term, but frankly that doesn't do much for us under the circumstances. Add to that that he's due for a new less-team-friendly contract at the same time as half our core and it's just not worth it to trade for him.

* * *​
What about in a deal for futures from Columbus? Pacioretty could be a "2 playoff run" rental in a sense.
No. We are full to bursting with wingers as is; we're having to send otherwise worthy folks like Milano to Cleveland simply because there isn't room for them to play.

Reactions: iSophagus

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Columbus vehemently says no to the OP's proposal

This is something that is doable. Columbus has the prospects to make it work with assumption that they let Patches walk when he hits UFA. Let JJ and Calvert walk this offseason and there's still cap flexibility next year.

Panarin-Dubois-Anderson
Pacioretty-Wennberg-Atkinson
Foligno-Dubinsky-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Sedlak-Motte

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
I think your odds of getting the best value for Patch lie elsewhere.
Fair enough! I just see the use for Pacioretty on the Jackets is all. But there are other teams contending that would be willing to acquire him for sure.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The jackets have 3 LW who have put up 30g. Patches is a great goal scorer but hes is more of the same for us. We don't want to sound like he isn't good enough or wouldn't be good here if for some reason he was here it's just 0 room for him and it would hurt us to lose pieces for him to do what we have 3 guys on that side already doing. We have NHL wingers who have scored for us at decent pace in bottom 6 minutes stuck in cleceland right now because we have like 15 forwards and can only play 12. We would like to maybe take a couple of those and trade for an upgrade in the middle but it doesn't make sense on the wings.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Absolutely not a snowball's chance in hell. Anderson is doing fantastic work on the top line - indeed, he's presently outscoring MaxPac - and Jenner, while not doing so well at the moment, is still a valuable player here. Pacioretty has the more proven track record long term, but frankly that doesn't do much for us under the circumstances. Add to that that he's due for a new less-team-friendly contract at the same time as half our core and it's just not worth it to trade for him.

* * *​

No. We are full to bursting with wingers as is; we're having to send otherwise worthy folks like Milano to Cleveland simply because there isn't room for them to play.

I expect most CBJ fans wouldn't move Anderson alone for Patches. Nothing against the Pacioretty, but Anderson has had a fantastic season so far. The guy is super under the radar.

Reactions: Viqsi

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
With the CBJ's current scoring woes and PP failures I would absolutely consider a trade for Max but not if Anderson is included. Max could always be flipped at the deadline next year if things didn't work out. Doubt a fair agreement on a trade could be accomplished as these teams don't seem like good trade partners with a player like Max and the salary he is going to require going forward. Most likely impossible to happen.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Patches is the best player in the deal, yet Anderson is perhaps the best up and coming power forward and Jenner is decent. With Patches term left I don't see Columbus doing a 2 for 1 and why does Montreal trade it's best forward and not get a legit top 6 center or LD back?

If Patches is moved it sould be for a young center prospect with high end potential and a similar prospect LD or 1st rd pick

Agreed. Most teams interested in Patch is for cup runs in the next year or two. I just don't see too many teams trading Patch for a major piece on their roster today. I also don't see Bergevin trading patch for futures but that's what I would do.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Montreal won't be trading Pacioretty this season . The decision to offer him an extension or trade him will be made after the season.

Last edited:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Why why why. I tried so hard though hf trade proposals to get Anderson during his holdout...look at it now. Damnit it all lol.

stuckin94

Nov 20, 2016
How many times do you haps fans need to hear the word "NON"
before you understand NOBODY WILL TRADE WITH YOU

YOUR PLAYERS SUCK

If this were European Football the Canadiens would be demoted to beer league,

The NHL is basically a 30 team league now, Montreal is irrelevant, your team and it's players DON'T MATTER

Send them all to hockey school or something, then maybe you'll be granted a seniors league franchise, but stop bothering NHL fans with your trade proposals, you aren't relevant.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Something tells me you haven’t watched Anderson play this season.
Actually, I've been a huge Anderson fan since his days with the Knights. Jenner's a local kid whom I've watched a ton, too.

But I can put things in proper context...

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Actually, I've been a huge Anderson fan since his days with the Knights. But I can put things in context...
Does putting things in context consider the fact that current production, age, contract, RFA status, etc. is all in Anderson’s favor? Does it include the fact that he’s on pace to score 30+ even strength goals on a sustainable shooting percentage? That he plays upwards of 20 minutes every single night on a line where Panarin and Dubois have found an offensive spark?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad