Confirmed with Link: Pat Quinn, Eric Lindros, Inducted to HHOF

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm not sure you actually watched prime Lindros if you think Matthews can play the same game. I might not be the young one here.

Reading comprehension.

You mean being a big center that uses his body for both puck use and physically, as well as having scoring ability and playmaking skills?

Lindros was a complete big man center.

We hope Matthews can develop into the same thing.

You are being quite silly.

Steeltown

Sep 26, 2003
T.O.
Visit site
You mean being a big center that uses his body for both puck use and physically, as well as having scoring ability and playmaking skills?

Lindros was a complete big man center.

We hope Matthews can develop into the same thing.

You are being quite silly.

I hear what you're saying, but Lindros was no ordinary "big Centre that uses his body" he was a monster. They are not comparable. You should hope for Jonathan Toews

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I hear what you're saying, but Lindros was no ordinary "big Centre that uses his body" he was a monster. They are not comparable. You should hope for Jonathan Toews

Of course Lindros wasn't ordinary. That's why he's in the HHOF.

Toews is indeed a better comparable, but saying that we hope he can be Lindros type dominant is fair to say.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Very deserved for Pat Quinn. A great coach and was definitely the guy I remember most behind the bench growing up.

Shrug for Lindros. Probably deserved to get in at some point, just was never one who thought he absolutely had to get in ahead of more deserving guys. If he had been healthy it would have been another story.

I agree. I think someone like Paul Henderson should have got in before Lindros.

Now, if Lindros had a longer, storied career, with a Stanley Cup win, or 2, then, by all means, get him in.

Pat Quinn, RIP, deserves to be in.

JMHO.

Steeltown

Sep 26, 2003
T.O.
Visit site
Of course Lindros wasn't ordinary. That's why he's in the HHOF.

Toews is indeed a better comparable, but saying that we hope he can be Lindros type dominant is fair to say.

I'm just saying there hasn't been a comparable player Lindros yet. And Matthews certainly is not Lindros.

Lindros type dominant is not Toews type dominant

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm just saying there hasn't been a comparable player Lindros yet. And Matthews certainly is not Lindros.

i'll disagree and say that Joe Thornton of 2002-2008 was fairly close. He dominated the position on a pretty poor Bruins team besides him and Murray.

He was physically imposing, and used his size anyway he could.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
I don't mean to just jump in here, but at one point, Lindros was arguably the best player in the world. He was that dominant. We got a shell of him when he played with us. I was nervous for our players when we played against him because I thought he was going to get a hat trick and send two players to the hospital in the game.

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
Lindros was the kind of player who would stream roll you and then worry about the puck. :laugh: I haven't seen a player since pull some of the stuff he did and I don't think Matthews has that sort of nastiness in him nor would he get away with half the stuff Lindros did in todays NHL. Lindros was a straight animal in his heyday.

for the people who never had a chance to witness beast mode Lindros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZm18klW18c

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Like I said. I don't think you actually watched Lindros. If you did you wouldn't compare Joe Thornton to him.

Thornton lacked some of the nastiness Lindros had, but other than that, they were similar.

Way back when, Thornton was deemed the next Lindros.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The heck? Matthews doesn't have an upside anything like Lindros. They're nothing alike. Kopitar would be far more realistic. For Matthews to be Lindros he'd need to alter his game completely.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Feel like digging up some articles that supports this nonsense? Because I'm thinking you're trolling.

I don't feel like digging through the depths of Google to prove a point to someone who won't accept any discussion.

However, after a quick google search, the first recent article came up with this

During his 17-year NHL career, San Jose Sharks forward Joe Thornton has heard equal amounts of accolades and criticism

He was the next Eric Lindros. He was a first-overall draft bust. He was a rising superstar. He wasn’t the right type of player for the Boston market. He was the league’s most valuable player. He was the NHL’s best center. He was a playoff choke artist. He felt too much “pressure and stress” to be captain.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...itics-understand-his-greatness-154238130.html

ON THE RISE

Joe reminded a lot of people of Mario Lemieux and Eric Lindros. At 6-4 and 200 pounds he was as big as they had been at the same age, and had similar skills. All eyes were on the 16-year-old as he prepared for his second OHL season.

http://www.jockbio.com/Bios/Thornton/Thornton_bio.html

Thornton’s raw size yet refined skills earned him comparisons to titans of the hockey industry like Eric Lindros and Cam Neely — though the second one came in the form of a question.

https://theringer.com/stanley-cup-f...-thornton-phil-kessel-5542a919c1cb#.k0zuquwqk

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
Thornton lacked some of the nastiness Lindros had, but other than that, they were similar.

Way back when, Thornton was deemed the next Lindros.

He might of had similar size, hands, skill, etc.. but that's where the comparison ends. Lindros was a superstar/goon hybrid. Thornton never had the goon aspect to his game that put the fear of God into the other team. The pundits make all kinds of ridiculous comparisons but actions speak louder than words and Lindros was all about that action.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad