I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Two Well Deserved Alumni Into The HHOF!

Cl-z39xWYAAXeRt.jpg:large

Big Easy

Jan 21, 2014
SW Ontario
Pat Quinn was a class act, nice to see him get in.

The Big E was pure dominance in his day. Very unique payer. I remember as a kid being scared when the Leafs played the Flyers. When I think, "big franchise centre," I think Lindros.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Very deserved for Pat Quinn. A great coach and was definitely the guy I remember most behind the bench growing up.

Shrug for Lindros. Probably deserved to get in at some point, just was never one who thought he absolutely had to get in ahead of more deserving guys. If he had been healthy it would have been another story.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yay Pat!!

Meh on Lindros. I honestly think he's lucky it's a weak year.
I would have inducted Kariya + Mogliny in before him.

DJIncognito

Jun 9, 2007
Congrats to both.

Especially to Pat Quinn - huge part of the Leafs success - too bad he had to leave cause of that little twerp

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Good news .Both deserve it.Too bad Lindros had to retire early.He was dominant when healthy.The definition of a power forward should have his picture next to it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lindros finished with 865 points in 760 games. He ranks 19th all-time in points per game.

He was one of the most dominant players of all-time in his peak.

Peter Forsberg played just 708 career games and I doubt anyone would say no to having him in the HHOF. Forsberg was lucky enough to play on better teams and add some team achievements, but other than that, the two are carbon copies of two players being absolutley dominant in a shortened career due to injuries.

He's literally the definition of what we hope Auston Matthews will become, excluding the requested trade and injuries of course.

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
Lindros finished with 865 points in 760 games. He ranks 19th all-time in points per game.

Peter Forsberg played just 708 career games and I doubt anyone would say no to having him in the HHOF. Forsberg was lucky enough to play on better teams and add some team achievements, but other than that, the two are carbon copies of two players being absolutley dominant in a shortened career due to injuries.

He's literally the definition of what we hope Auston Matthews will become, excluding the requested trade and injuries of course.

I concur. I will always remember Lindros domination the 91 Canada Cup playing against the best in the world prior to playing any NHL game. For those concerned about his short career he more games than Bobby Orr.

PS re the requested trade, it was to the Leafs. Nothing wrong with that attitude. ;)

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yay Pat!!

Meh on Lindros. I honestly think he's lucky it's a weak year.
I would have inducted Kariya + Mogliny in before him.

I have no problems with Lindros.
Anytime you can revolutionize a position, cause a league to change it's philosophy and draft strategies, dominate a position while putting up numbers, it's deserving.
For a time that Lindros/LeClair/Renberg line was the gold standard.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I have no problems with Lindros.
Anytime you can revolutionize a position, cause a league to change it's philosophy and draft strategies, dominate a position while putting up numbers, it's deserving.
For a time that Lindros/LeClair/Renberg line was the gold standard.

I know that

to be fair - I always LOVED Kariya, and Mogliny was one of my favourite players on the Leafs, so i'm more partial to them - and they've got amazing numbers too. i should have clarified the "meh"

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I know that

to be fair - I always LOVED Kariya, and Mogliny was one of my favourite players on the Leafs, so i'm more partial to them - and they've got amazing numbers too. i should have clarified the "meh"

Mogilny and Kariya are good choices as well. I was a big Mogilny fan when he was here. That entire Russian class of Mogilny/Bure/Fedorov was stellar.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Good to see it. Quinn did so much for the game and deserves to be in.

Makarov is long overdue too. Too many Red Army guys get overlooked because they played out their prime in the Soviet Union.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
About time for Makarov. It was a shame he was omitted for so long.

Glad Lindros and Quinn got in too.

As for Andreychuk, Mogilny and Kariya, as much as I loved them, it's called the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Very Good.

Steeltown

Sep 26, 2003
T.O.
Visit site

Hahaha

Haha haha

I'm sorry, but Lindros would pick up Mathews over his head in throw him across the ice in his prime. There has not been anyone near Eric physically since he retired.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015

Exactly.

Anyone saying Lindros doesn't belong in the HOF or he was lucky to get in because of the lack of talent this year is out to lunch.

Lindros is absolutely a HOFer, anyone saying otherwise either doesn't understand hockey or has never seen Lindros play.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hahaha

Haha haha

I'm sorry, but Lindros would pick up Mathews over his head in throw him across the ice in his prime. There has not been anyone near Eric physically since he retired.

Which is why I said he is what we hope Matthews could become.

Reading comprehension young one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad