Confirmed with Link: Pat Quinn, Eric Lindros, Inducted to HHOF

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Congratulations. Well deserved for Mr. Quinn.

I remember as a kid watching games against Philly and wondering how we'd ever beat with Lindros, LeClair, Recchi and Renberg. That team was scary to play against most nights.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Pat Quinn was a class act, nice to see him get in.

The Big E was pure dominance in his day. Very unique payer. I remember as a kid being scared when the Leafs played the Flyers. When I think, "big franchise centre," I think Lindros.

Yeah.. Lindros and the Legion of Doom used to just dominate the Leafs when they played.. they were scary.

For a while before injuries derailed him Lindros was expected to pick up the mantle from Gretzky/Mario. Funny that people don't think he deserves to be in the HOF. Must be young'uns who didn't see him much because the numbers don't really describe how dominant he was on the ice.

Lindros finished with 865 points in 760 games. He ranks 19th all-time in points per game.

He was one of the most dominant players of all-time in his peak.

Peter Forsberg played just 708 career games and I doubt anyone would say no to having him in the HHOF. Forsberg was lucky enough to play on better teams and add some team achievements, but other than that, the two are carbon copies of two players being absolutley dominant in a shortened career due to injuries.

He's literally the definition of what we hope Auston Matthews will become, excluding the requested trade and injuries of course.

Of course Lindros wasn't ordinary. That's why he's in the HHOF.

Toews is indeed a better comparable, but saying that we hope he can be Lindros type dominant is fair to say.

Matthews and Toews are in no way comparable to Lindros.

i'll disagree and say that Joe Thornton of 2002-2008 was fairly close. He dominated the position on a pretty poor Bruins team besides him and Murray.

He was physically imposing, and used his size anyway he could.

So in other words you didn't watch a lot of Lindros in his prime.. at all.

Last edited:

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Big E was one of the most dominating players I've ever seen. At his peak he was unstoppable.

Great for Quinn, well deserved.

draeko17

Jul 7, 2007
Very very happy for both of them. Well deserved and about time. Really wish Pat Quinn would have been inducted before he passed away though.

Jan 3, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
I hate how they only induct these guys once they die. It's sad really. It shouldn't take Pat's death for him to garner the respect needed to induct him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad