Confirmed with Link: Pat Foley to Call Final Season of Blackhawks Hockey in 2021-22

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Wow. End of an era. Wonder if Eddie O will be strictly national soon.

May this gif never die

6NswmX9DCSMbHbutlWBmwFERAIB3h9iys_pXbAaTqmz4i3WTPx_s8R5PlafERtdDGp4qIaiGaQXxbm1EIoBCm_qz6kYI4P9jmi-D3mOTxkA

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I’m actually surprised he’s only 66.
He’s been around forever, that’s probably why.

With Pat retiring and Eddie getting that huge deal from ESPN, we’ll need a new commentary team.

Please not Konroyd he’s painful to listen to. Go throw a bunch of money at Sharp please.

Reactions: bwana63

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Who was the younger guy they had calling games for Foley at the end of the season? I think he called the NCAA tourney on ESPN as well...maybe he's on the hawks radar for pbp and they also pursue Sharp to do color commentary, also called a game or two with Foley last year

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

With Pat retiring and Eddie getting that huge deal from ESPN, we’ll need a new commentary team.

Please not Konroyd he’s painful to listen to. Go throw a bunch of money at Sharp please.
its probably why we havnt seen Sharp to ESPN yet.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Eddie is joining Turner and they've said he can continue to work for NBC, both for Hawks broadcast and horse racing.

They should move Wiedeman to TV, and then go rescue Judd Sirott out of Boston for the radio side.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Wideman and Sharp in the booth, Shaw between the glass.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would like to see a few games if possible of him with Dale Tallon and him with Billy Gardner

I am sure Wolves wouldn't object to Gardner making at least a single appearance alongside Foley for Hawks

Great career for Pat and it will be hopefully a fun final season for him (Hopefully a Hawks playoff appearance)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Honest question

Do you think he should get a banner?

I wouldn't be against giving him the recognition given his importance to franchise and he is a HOF broadcaster

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Honest question

Do you think he should get a banner?

I wouldn't be against giving him the recognition given his importance to franchise and he is a HOF broadcaster

He and Eddie-O defined hockey broadcasts for me as a new fan back in 2008. They’re all I’ve known and compared to MANY other broadcasters we’ve been really lucky as Hawks fans.

He’ll probably get a statue tbh. Eddie too. They called games during a dynasty era and they’re iconic to our sport’s and team’s history

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
He and Eddie-O defined hockey broadcasts for me as a new fan back in 2008. They’re all I’ve known and compared to MANY other broadcasters we’ve been really lucky as Hawks fans.

He’ll probably get a statue tbh. Eddie too. They called games during a dynasty era and they’re iconic to our sport’s and team’s history

The new Wirtz family also likes to make things right. They brought Foley back after he was unceremoniously dumped. I could see him getting some permanent recognition in the building.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Doubt its even in consideration but finding a way to hire John Forslund to call Hawks games with Sharp as color commentator would be awesome

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Amazing guy, too bad he’s gonna call another failure of a team in his last season…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad