Value of: Pastrnak to Penguins

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Here's the thing with trades like this. Pastrnak is close to untouchable but if a team wants him bad enough they are going to have to give up a player they have that will sting. Like as a preds fan I would love to have Pastrnak but i know the only way that would be possible is to trade either subban or Josi. And even that might not be good enough. That would cripple our defense while making our forwards better. Letang while good but with that cap hit not a good piece for Boston. Pastrnak isn't going anywhere but it's all in fun

Reactions: Price is Wright

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
So the deal is:

#1D
2C
Two blue chip prospects
A future potential starter
1st round pick

for a

Good, young top 6 wing

How can the Penguins possibly say no?

Are you serious? It's more like

Declining 3d
3c
2 nothing prospects

for a top 10 winger.

Apr 9, 2009
USA

Declining 3d
3c
2 nothing prospects

for a top 10 winger.

You're ignorance is pretty remarkable.

I'm not saying whether or not the trade should happen. But your post is ****ing stupid.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I think the Bruins would be really stupid to send Pasta to Pittsburgh. I probably side with your fanbase on this. But come on dude, JFC.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Declining 3d
3c
2 nothing prospects

for a top 10 winger.

LOL. So a center who's averaged 20g/51 pts over the last 5 seasons is a "3C" ?? No surprise that your evaluations are out to lunch.

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
So the deal is:

#1D
2C
Two blue chip prospects
A future potential starter
1st round pick

for a

Good, young top 6 wing

How can the Penguins possibly say no?

This is way overvaluing the Pens' pieces.

None of those are actually top echelon assets, and this is supposedly for a potential franchise player.

Not close to being enough.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
LOL. So a center who's averaged 20g/51 pts over the last 5 seasons is a "3C" ?? No surprise that your evaluations are out to lunch.

LOL so you're coming at me with my evaluations because I called a low end 2c a 3c when you have this other guy calling a declining dman a 1c, and 2 prospects who will be lucky to have careers in the NHL blue chip prospects?

Nice job, homer.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
LOL so you're coming at me with my evaluations because I called a low end 2c a 3c when you have this other guy calling a declining dman a 1c, and 2 prospects who will be lucky to have careers in the NHL blue chip prospects?

Nice job, homer.

Where did I even start to get into the offer the OP made? I only commented on your shitty evaluations.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Where did I even start to get into the offer the OP made? I only commented on your ****ty evaluations.

Because I called a low end 2c a 3c? How could I be so stupid?

Certainly better than Pens fans overrating the shit out of their players.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
I'm just going to lay my cards on the table, and list the Bruins that are untouchable,

1. Bergeron - heart and soul of the Bruins, one of the top 2 way players in the game
2. Pastrnak - 80 points guy for the past 2 years
3. McAvoy - Already a top 2 Defense possibly be Boston #1 Defense in the future
4. Carlo - Top 4 D still needs to work on his physical play
5. DeBrusk - Put up impressive numbers in rookie season, 2 years left in ELC
6. Backes - I would like to trade him but he has a NMC
7. Chara - See 6.
8. Heinen - Also put up impressive Rookie numbers, slated to be out #3 Center

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm just going to lay my cards on the table, and list the Bruins that are untouchable,

1. Bergeron - heart and soul of the Bruins, one of the top 2 way players in the game
2. Pastrnak - 80 points guy for the past 2 years
3. McAvoy - Already a top 2 Defense possibly be Boston #1 Defense in the future
4. Carlo - Top 4 D still needs to work on his physical play
5. DeBrusk - Put up impressive numbers in rookie season, 2 years left in ELC
6. Backes - I would like to trade him but he has a NMC
7. Chara - See 6.
8. Heinen - Also put up impressive Rookie numbers, slated to be out #3 Center

Did you omit Marchand on purpose or just forget about him?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
One of the worst and least informed proposals seen on HF Boards in awhile. And that's saying something given the severe lack of quality or insight from the majority of Armchair GMs on HF Boards.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Without even looking/addressing the value - if your whole premise OP is "do this trade so you can better acquire Karlsson - well this only makes sense to do it as a 3-way trade, which guarantees Karlsson return.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I could see Boston declining for the reason you mentioned, but that’s the value Pasta has.

Boston has lot of promising young wingers but Pasta is on a different level, without him there's nobody to build around.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Without even looking/addressing the value - if your whole premise OP is "do this trade so you can better acquire Karlsson - well this only makes sense to do it as a 3-way trade, which guarantees Karlsson return.

Karlsson/McAvoy/Letang on the right side but no right wingers lol

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
If Chia was still GM, then yes the OP's proposal would be reasonable :sarcasm:

But since he is not, easy no from Bruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad