Pastrnak hat trick

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
The third best player on his line.

Haven’t put to much thought into it, but that line has to be the best line of the salary cap era right?

Reactions: Mitch Tavares

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
i saw Detroit liked him if Larkin had been off the board but not sure how true that is.

It was widely reported before Pastrnak even played an NHL game. Wings management were anticipating picking Pastrnak and never thought Larkin would be available.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The third best player on his line.

Haven’t put to much thought into it, but that line has to be the best line of the salary cap era right?
Most would probably say the Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson line but I think the Bruins line brings a different dimension defensively.

Speaking of salary cap, $19.667 million for the 3 for the next 4 seasons.

Mar 11, 2013
QC
Ok, many teams passed on Pastrnak
I found it hard to separate Nylander and Pastrnak when they played together, I'm sure the scouts got to see plenty of him but for whatever reason never held him in the same regard as Nylander. His concussion didn't help but he was never considered a top 10 pick at any point. He's gotten stronger and he's definitely a better skater than he was on draft day but his play style hasn't changed at all.

I'll never understand how he fell that far.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Pretty much every line was "feeling it" today so Cassidy was being generous to the other lines, he didn't even put PP1 on the ice for the last 2 powerplays. But in general, Cassidy likes to keep them at 15-16 minutes if he can. Though he isn't afraid to give them 20+ minutes in important games.
I see I guess I thought the other poster was saying they don’t get much TOI in general. To me they should be the leading forwards in that category over the course of the season.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Most would probably say the Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson line but I think the Bruins line brings a different dimension defensively.

Speaking of salary cap, $19.667 million for the 3 for the next 4 seasons.

That’s a good one.

I think the Bruins line would kill that Ottawa line if they were matched up head to head though. Much more diverse skill sets I think.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Good news for the Leafs, maybe. It's hard to imagine Nylander sticking to his guns with so many similarly aged players turning into stars, making less.

Reactions: Sheppy

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Boston is an old school playing war machine of a team! Love it. If they would add say Reaves to the mix it would be a complete piece of art in an otherwise modern and sissyesque league.

I wonder what Pasternak's ceiling is? To play with Marchand and Bergeron must be fantastic for the kid. Didn't Crosby say how much playing with those guys in the national team helped him in his development?

Reactions: FanSince72

StannisFollower

Oct 10, 2018
Even as a Leafs fan, the guy is a pleasure to watch play. I was TERRIFIED every time he was on the ice in the playoffs.

What a player.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Give him his own line to drive.
It makes sense in theory but I think that line is just too good to break up, it's just clinical when they're all together, even if the Bergeron/Marchand duo + Pasta on another line is great as well. Before the Bruins last 3 goals today (6-2, 7-2 and 8-2), one of the 3 scored 13 of the Bruins 19 goals, and at least one of them was on the ice for 17 of the Bruins 19 goals. They can be good enough to win games by themselves.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Some GM's need to be questioned by there fans for passing on this guy. Lot of scouts missed on him except for PJ Axelsson and Sweeney in the background - take our guy, we cannot believe he fell to us.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad