News Article: Pascal Dupuis - "Why I'm coming back"

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Can't help but admire the guy.

Favorite part:
My son will come down and start chirping me. “Hey Dad, Kunitz was wide open! How come you didn’t pass it to him? Come on!”

And I’d be thinking, I didn’t see him because there was a 230-pound defenseman trying to take my head off, you little rat. But instead I’d just smile and patiently explain to him that the passing lane was closed from my perspective so I had to chip the puck in deep to start the cycle — all while frying up some eggs and toasting his bread just the way he likes it. God love him. I swear, between him and Sid, it’s neverending. I’ll be sitting on the bench after a shift and Sid will turn to me and say, “Hey, remember what happened down in their zone last period when you did this, this and this?”

And I’ll be sitting there like, “Uh … no?”

My game will always be a simple one.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I really enjoy a good human interest piece. This is a good example of one.

Pascal genuinely seems like a good dude. We all knew that. His dedication and desire is almost unheard of.

I have no doubts he will come back and be effective. I certainly dont think he should be on Sid's wing but we all know its a possibility with this team. It honestly wouldnt surprise me to see Kun-Sid-Dups to start the season. I will cry some manly tears but it wouldnt shock me.

At any rate, Im sure we all welcome 'Dat Cat back to the Pens and I will cheer mightily when this happens.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I really enjoy a good human interest piece. This is a good example of one.

Pascal genuinely seems like a good dude. We all knew that. His dedication and desire is almost unheard of.

I have no doubts he will come back and be effective. I certainly dont think he should be on Sid's wing but we all know its a possibility with this team. It honestly wouldnt surprise me to see Kun-Sid-Dups to start the season. I will cry some manly tears but it wouldnt shock me.

At any rate, Im sure we all welcome 'Dat Cat back to the Pens and I will cheer mightily when this happens.

Impossible now unless theres injuries.
Phil and Horny are RW'ers #1 and #2.

I will say though, that if Duper is flying again, a Dupuis-Sid-Kessel line would be fun to watch.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Impossible now unless theres injuries.
Phil and Horny are RW'ers #1 and #2.

I will say though, that if Duper is flying again, a Dupuis-Sid-Kessel line would be fun to watch.

I'd even go as far as saying that prime Dupuis would be the perfect (based on who we have on the roster) complement to Sid and Kessel. But, then again, I always liked Dupuis more than most.

blazinblair

Jun 19, 2015
That's the beauty of our forward group. We can mix up our lines and still be dangerous. Maybe even find better fits. Just plain scary.

DawgPens

Jul 10, 2012
Athens, GA
I'd even go as far as saying that prime Dupuis would be the perfect (based on who we have on the roster) complement to Sid and Kessel. But, then again, I always liked Dupuis more than most.

Ever since Dupuis almost brought the Pens back from a serious goal deficit in that final Igloo game against Montreal, I have been a huge fan of his. Pascal's passionate board work and non-stop hustle got the team going. You could palpably feel the effects of his hard work.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
Why? The guy wants to come back and keep playing what's wrong with it?

Because hockey is a dangerous game for completely healthy people, and he isn't completely healthy.

But my family is the most important thing in the world to me. They’re the biggest reason that I’m coming back.

To me, if he really cared about his family he would walk away. He's won a Stanley Cup, he's had a great career, he has nothing left to prove.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The dislike for Dupuis was always because he was put in positions he shouldn't have been in. He's a great 3rd line player or a solid complementary guy on a scoring line IF THE OTHER WINGER IS ELITE.

Hope he comes back healthy, in top form, and used properly. That Dupuis could help us a lot.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
To me, if he really cared about his family he would walk away. He's won a Stanley Cup, he's had a great career, he has nothing left to prove.

Yeah, that part didn't sit well with me. I'm pretty sure that they'd rather have their father alive than see him die trying to win another cup, or have him guaranteed to not die for hockey over the chance of him winning another cup. That bit is either delusional or disingenuous.

Last season, I knowingly played with a blood clot in my lung for five games. I don’t say that to sound like a tough guy. In fact, the reason why I hid it from my teammates and family was out of fear. I was scared that I would never play hockey again.

And this. Alive and not playing hockey or dead? I have no idea what that guy is going to do at the end of this contract.

Pete Gas

Jul 10, 2012
The dislike for Dupuis was always because he was put in positions he shouldn't have been in. He's a great 3rd line player or a solid complementary guy on a scoring line IF THE OTHER WINGER IS ELITE.

Hope he comes back healthy, in top form, and used properly. That Dupuis could help us a lot.
This

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Why? The guy wants to come back and keep playing what's wrong with it?

Because the guy has shown to have a predisposition to blood clots and a willingness to lie about his health in order to play a game.

The excessive travel that goes with the NHL lifestyle along with the impact of being hit, both by other players and with the puck, will only increase the likelihood that another blood clot will occur.

If I trusted him to be honest about his health, it would be different.

Exactly. A few years ago I thought Dupuis could be the best third line winger in the league. I don't know if he's still that player (it's hard to judge a guy who's barely played hockey in two years), but he and Fehr on a line together will be awesome.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
He won't be using blood thinners on game days, i'm not sure what the problem is as long as he keeps a regular regimen.

It's not like he'll die out there ffs, worst that could happen is he retires if another clot appears, which is doubtful due to his strict medication & diet.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

So...

Dupuis-Crosby-Kessel

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
He won't be using blood thinners on game days, i'm not sure what the problem is as long as he keeps a regular regimen.

It's not like he'll die out there ffs, worst that could happen is he retires if another clot appears, which is doubtful due to his strict medication & diet.

The problem is he may lie again if he knows he has a blood clot. He's done it before and he could do it again. Sure he can say his family is the most important thing to him in the world, but his actions say otherwise. That doesn't make him a bad husband or father, but it does question his judgment when it comes to his health. If it came down to health or hockey, he'd pick hockey. I'm sure he loves his family very much, but he missed his son ribbing him about hockey. I'm sure his son would miss him more if hockey took his dad.

All that said, he does seem like a good guy and I do admire his passion for the game. If he can stay healthy and MJ plays him in the right role, he will be a very effective role player for this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad