CFHF Fantasy League Part XXI: Much ado about goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I see it from Hox's side.. Yak + Mcdavid is nice. But Yak by himself is a train wreck.
Pretty lateral but I see why it was done.

Only thing I would question is Yak's ability to produce for Hox while McD is out.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
All games are usually on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday anyways, so it's not surprising. Thursday is American Thanksgiving. The only games I recall ever being on American Thanksgiving is Football or 1 game in the afternoon or something.

Most weeks Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday are the busiest week, but I forgot about American Thanksgiving, so it makes sense why they've switched it up this week.

Still, it's odd to not throw a Canadian matchup in there at least. They had five games on Canadian Thanksgiving, for comparison.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Most weeks Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday are the busiest week, but I forgot about American Thanksgiving, so it makes sense why they've switched it up this week.

Still, it's odd to not throw a Canadian matchup in there at least. They had five games on Canadian Thanksgiving, for comparison.

Wasn't last week much the same on Monday? They're trying to add viewership to the national games on Sunday especially, so they have lots of games Monday

May 27, 2012
Earth

But people will watch Hockey in Canada on Thanksgiving.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I would like to bring up a point regarding the randomness of the order for playoff teams when picking in either the 1st round of the main draft or picking in prospect draft. My understanding of the rule is that all the playoff teams will have a ball at the end of the season before playoffs and due to RNG you could win the league and pick 13th(the best possible position for playoff teams). I don't think that is right since the winner will already get a 10th keeper or another 1st round MD Pick.

It's understandable for nonplayoff teams to have weighted draft positions but highly unnecessary for playoff teams.

The better teams shouldn't be rewarded due to randomness and the worse team punished by randomness. The playoff team draft positions in either 1st rounds should not be affected.

I Pity The Foo

Jan 11, 2012
Victoria BC
I would like to bring up a point regarding the randomness of the order for playoff teams when picking in either the 1st round of the main draft or picking in prospect draft. My understanding of the rule is that all the playoff teams will have a ball at the end of the season before playoffs and due to RNG you could win the league and pick 13th(the best possible position for playoff teams). I don't think that is right since the winner will already get a 10th keeper or another 1st round MD Pick.

It's understandable for nonplayoff teams to have weighted draft positions but highly unnecessary for playoff teams.

The better teams shouldn't be rewarded due to randomness and the worse team punished by randomness. The playoff team draft positions in either 1st rounds should not be affected.
I have sucked for 3 years it never bothered me

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
smh.. Hox..

Yahoo decided on doing stat corrections and took away 3 of my blocks.

Enjoy it.

farnsworth-not-fair-600x430.jpg

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
smh.. Hox..

Yahoo decided on doing stat corrections and took away 3 of my blocks.

Enjoy it.

Crazy. Not totally surprised though, our match was that close so it really could have gone either way. I'll take this win and savour it and be glad to not face you again. All our stupid matches are decided by a hair.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Agree with you Ferk. Not a huge deal to me either way but I think you have a good point.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'd like to propose we add goalie points next year!

And I thought adding shots was going to be lame, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Offensive players obviously shoot a lot and if guys aren't scoring much, it's a way for them to contribute if they aren't hitters for example.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC

Great point.

Even if my team didn't ****ing blow i'd still agree.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
We have a blockbuster to announce:

Wheeling Dusters:
Artemi Panarin
John Klingberg
Jack Eichel
tfong 1st PP

Flaming Wings:
Jamie Benn
Erik Karlsson
Jason Chimera

Last edited:

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Also looking to move Karri Ramo. Putting up impressive numbers since the beginning of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad