Part XVII: Phoenix -- This Thread Title Available For Lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
This may sound very crazy. But I am going to throw it out there. I have always wondered if these 8-10 investors were needed because they are coming up with the entire 70 million and Hulsizer's $$$$ is the 100million from Glendale. In essence the investors ponied up their $$$$ in some sort of deal with Hulsizer whereby he guranteed the 8-10 investors that he would "write the cheques" and cover all losses for the first 5 years of the agreement. Thus their investment is solid and they have zero to lose and a heck of alot to gain if the franchise is somehow moved after five years or gains some solid fotting and becomes profitable after the first five years.

Anything is possible in this crazy situation and speculation is the name of the game.

Ya, that's pretty "out there" IMO. Initially, when Hulsizer got involved purportedly through the auspices of IEH's, their may well have been anywhere from 6-60+ prospective investors, whereby "units" were sold to finance the purchase & operation of the team & arena, I wouldnt put it past that crew for a minute. I suspect Hulsizer may have 1 (Moyes' former minority partner) possibly 2 very minor partners but thats it. Secondly, he's deposited $25M into an escrow account which (speculating wildly here JetsFan) I would guess is earmarked towards the total purchase price, with the balance (COG=$100M+MH$25M) of $40M coming from the partner & an Investment Bank. The Investment Bank would absolutely extend credit to purchase the team & provide additional funds not exceeding 90% of the $97.5M Hulsizers going to receive over the next 5yrs for Arena Management. As the entire deal is guaranteed by a municipality, I wouldnt think the NHL would be getting pious in demanding the usual minimum of 50% financing, 50% cash & 50%+ loss reserves they normally expect to have disclosed from a prospective buyer. Indeed, as of December 15, Bettman told the COG that Hulsizer had been tentatively approved.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If you compare the annual net parking revenues by year between the two parking analyses (Hocking letter of november 22) vs Appendix E of the Walker study you will find they are much different. If you Present Value the two streams you will see that the Walker Stream is worth about half of the Hocking stream.

Walker Parking Consultants are internationally recognized parking planning experts.

welcome to the site.....impressive first post....from your review what appears to be the primary difference between the reports to arrive at such different totals.....were they apples to apples?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
If you Present Value the two streams you will see that the Walker Stream is worth about half of the Hocking stream.

"Someone told me if I included too many equations in the book it would halve the sales".
Stephen Hawking

Now you know why.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Secondly, he's deposited $25M into an escrow account which (speculating wildly here JetsFan) I would guess is earmarked towards the total purchase price, with the balance (COG=$100M+MH$25M) of $40M coming from the partner & an Investment Bank.

Didn't the Shoalts' infamous "deal stalled" article a couple of months back claim that the $25M that was deposited wasn't Hulsizer's money, that it came from an "investment bank" that was planning to help him raise the rest of the money? Was that ever proved or disproved? Just wondering.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...est-bid-to-buy-coyotes-stalls/article1757924/

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Didn't the Shoalts' infamous "deal stalled" article a couple of months back claim that the $25M that was deposited wasn't Hulsizer's money, that it came from an "investment bank" that was planning to help him raise the rest of the money? Was that ever proved or disproved? Just wondering

Who knows?. Their are more shells in play on the landlocked beaches of Glendale than youll' ever find on Sanibel Island. It wouldnt surprise me in the least to discover he's financed the entire purchase, and then some. Based on what he does for living I'd assume he's hardwired with OPM cabling (Other Peoples Money). :naughty:

Last edited:

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC
If you compare the annual net parking revenues by year between the two parking analyses (Hocking letter of november 22) vs Appendix E of the Walker study you will find they are much different. If you Present Value the two streams you will see that the Walker Stream is worth about half of the Hocking stream.

Walker Parking Consultants are internationally recognized parking planning experts.

Interesting that the less optimistic yet more exhaustive analysis predates the more optimistic but less exhaustive analysis by nearly three weeks.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

What a shock. You mean to say that the number crunching that was done to value the parking rights at $100 million might not be entirely objective? I wonder how Glendale could have come up with such an analysis, and why? :sarcasm:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Someone posted this on azcentral dunno where its from

Too bad it wasn't sourced. If it is true I would assume that GWI will not be pursuing any litigation against the COG. It would apear that the end may be soon.

It is strange that it states an arena management fee will be coming from this offering and paid to the NHL. Would the NHL be retained as arena managers thus the arena managemnet contract would not have to be put to tender as Glendale by-laws stipulate. The NHL could simply hand over the cheques that it gets in Arena managemnt to Mr. Hulsizer and the Coyotes. The NHL acting as a middleman.

The non-tendering of arena management was possibly a sticking point with GWI.

gollybass

May 28, 2010
Too bad it wasn't sourced. If it is true I would assume that GWI will not be pursuing any litigation against the COG. It would apear that the end may be soon.

It is strange that it states an arena management fee will be coming from this offering and paid to the NHL. Would the NHL be retained as arena managers thus the arena managemnet contract would not have to be put to tender as Glendale by-laws stipulate. The NHL could simply hand over the cheques that it gets in Arena managemnt to Mr. Hulsizer and the Coyotes. The NHL acting as a middleman.

I guess we will find out either wednesday or friday

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010

As I mention before, I have checked the Moody's website and the only announcement containing Glendale on Jan 7, 2011 is the City of Glendale California electrical utility. A search of all ratings for Glendale Arizona lists the most recent rating as November 3, 2010 for general obligation bonds and a utility revenue bond. therefore, the above reference should just be deleted.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
As I mention before, I have checked the Moody's website and the only announcement containing Glendale on Jan 7, 2011 is the City of Glendale California electrical utility. A search of all ratings for Glendale Arizona lists the most recent rating as November 3, 2010 for general obligation bonds and a utility revenue bond. therefore, the above reference should just be deleted.

So you are saying that the bond article is just "junk"

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
So you are saying that the bond article is just "junk"

Considering the bonds are going to be sold on the 12th and 14th according to the post, and it is not on Moody's Website, I would say yes they are "Junk"

RAgIn

Oct 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ont
For what it is worth, the Phoenix Business Journal just reported the deal is set to close in about a week.

I'm not saying I believe it. I'm just posting what the Journal reported. Looks like the final hold up is getting all the bonds sold.

I love the title of that report. "Coyotes sale could close in mid-January"

gollybass

May 28, 2010
Considering the bonds are going to be sold on the 12th and 14th according to the post, and it is not on Moody's Website, I would say yes they are "Junk"

as i say we will see wednesday or friday, it does look suspicious to me, although if this person really is 'a client of prager' there is a chance (albeit slim and unlikely) he would know about this. But yeah take it with a pinch of salt.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
as i say we will see wednesday or friday, it does look suspicious to me, although if this person really is 'a client of prager' there is a chance (albeit slim and unlikely) he would know about this. But yeah take it with a pinch of salt.

BTW, if you go to the Prager website, they mention their municipal clients ; however, Glendale Arizona is not on that list. That being said, it may not be an exhaustive list.

Furthermore, if Moody's had issued a release on the COG bonds, there would be more talk about it then just some anonymous poster on AZ central.

gollybass

May 28, 2010
BTW, if you go to the Prager website, they mention their municipal clients ; however, Glendale Arizona is not on that list. That being said, it may not be an exhaustive list.

Furthermore, if Moody's had issued a release on the COG bonds, there would be more talk about it then just some anonymous poster on AZ central.

agreed

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I know that things have gotten a bit weird over the Coyotes sale, but if this is a "fake" posting of a Moody's announcement on the Glendale bond sales then we have truly entered the Twilight Zone.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
I know that things have gotten a bit weird over the Coyotes sale, but if this is a "fake" posting of a Moody's announcement on the Glendale bond sales then we have truly entered the Twilight Zone.

I was thinking more like the Outer Limits. Please stand by.

Fugu

I removed the alleged Moody's rating since there's no source, and it comes from another site.

If someone can source it properly, it can come back up.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I removed the alleged Moody's rating since there's no source, and it comes from another site.If someone can source it properly, it can come back up.

Pretty sure Security from the SEC, the Justice Department & the Eff Bee Eye'll'be trying to track down that source as well Fugu. Man, nothin worse than a 4am wake-up call; "POE-LEECE. OPEN UP IN THEIR!".... :naughty::laugh:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
This is from another site!
If anyone is interested in the video of shannon talking about this rumor its on the sportsnet homepage. Click on the video "sources say" under latest videos.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/

It's at the 4:20 mark

http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/latest/Sources-Say

This is probably in the wrong thread.

Basically Shannon says that the "big rumour" is that now that the ownership situation is clearing up with the Coyotes, and the ownership has consolidated in Atlanta, the NHL will buy the Thrashers and "flip" the franchise to the TNSE who will then relocate the team to Winnipeg for the 2011-12 season. Shannon notes that Bill Daly denies this rumor but that this has been a source of continued rumors and discussions since the BOG in December.

It kind of fits with my theory about "the Coyotes if necessary, but not necessarily the Coyotes" if the TNSE is ever to get an NHL franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad