Speculation: Part IX: Free Agency Signing Period Discussion and Rumors

RJ8812*

I think it's natural that these guys will be *******s when they are young, I mean, think about it. It happens in every sport. They get so much smoke blown up their arse about how awesome they are, they eventually start to believe it and act better than everyone else.

not really

I hung out with Nick Foligno and Mark Staal a few times back in HS and both of them were cool guys

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Phaneuf has always been a ********* apparently. I had a few classes back in my undergrad years with a guy that went to HS with him and he told us a few stories about Phaneuf and his douchebaggery. Things can change though since everyone seems to be a jerk in their HS years

Well he did have frosted tips, that's usually a good indicator of him being a tool.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
phaneuf, want nothing to do with the guy

calgary obviously sick of the guys act, and his play on the ice. as we are trying to improve our defense, defensively and offensively with a handful of young prospects, bringing in a guy of phaneufs ilk, would be a real bad decision, as it would worsen our ability to provide better defense for our goalies. now this is talking about phaneuf as a free agent. now adding any assets to toronto for this guy, would be a really really bad move by management. he can stay in toronto, or they can trade him, do whatever with him, as long as he ends up on one of the other 29 teams, i would be very satisfied.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...EBayqevZovSXb22VNzNkmK/story.html#skip-target
Bill Zito, agent for Tim Thomas, let it be known prior to the June 30 draft that Thomas evinced some interest in returning to the game for the upcoming season. Some three weeks later, still no takers for Thomas, who will turn 40 as the playoffs begin next spring.

Upon heading for his extended hiatus in Colorado last summer, Thomas mentioned to both Zito and Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli that he might want to take a shot at the 2014 US Olympic roster.

“I’m speaking to a few teams about Timmy,’’ Zito noted Friday via e-mail. “Trying to find the best fit.’’

If an NHL club comes calling at this point, it might only be to extend Thomas a training camp invitation, no money guaranteed, with a shot at winning a backup job. Many, if not most, European jobs are locked up by Aug. 1 at the latest. The Islanders and Flyers have been rumored to have interest in Thomas.
Source: Boston Globe

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
If it's a try-out contract I could see them bringing him in for a look during the preseason but if its a guaranteed contract I agree.

I don't see Thomas accepting a tryout for us over any team. Coming to camp here makes no sense for him. The Flyers aren't going to trade or waive Emery if Thomas plays well in camp. They're certainly not going to get rid of Mason and going into the season with two old goalies with humongous question marks.

The only possible thing is that he plays well in camp and the flyers sign and trade him quick. Which is very very unlikely.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
sorry T.T, but its to late now..

would rather have had him then Emery, but its def. to late now..

Nah, Emery had a fantastic year while TT was off doing god knows what. I'm completely content with Emery and his contract. This offseason could not have played out any better.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Interesting...

@DamoSpin
Sounds like Leafs may be close to signing D Paul Ranger to a one-year NHL contract, outbidding a bunch of other clubs.

@Eklund
Leafs making a great quiet moving by soon signing Paul Ranger per @damospin. Ranger is a solid guy who allows them other options

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
not really

I hung out with Nick Foligno and Mark Staal a few times back in HS and both of them were cool guys

I'm not saying everyone is like that, obviously. But come on, you've never met ******* athletes in high school? More often than not the ones I knew were. Sure I was friends with a lot of them but I can acknowledge they thought they were awesome.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
They're doing us a favor when you think about it. Saves on that ever valuable cap space.

I wonder what type of bad-decent prospects we would need to trade in order to get Kadri? I know the asking price would likely be Giroux, Morin, Laughton, and a first just for starters, but I am sure they would like Noebles or Flannagan too in that deal.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I wonder what type of bad-decent prospects we would need to trade in order to get Kadri? I know the asking price would likely be Giroux, Morin, Laughton, and a first just for starters, but I am sure they would like Noebles or Flannagan too in that deal.

Bad-decent prospects are hard to come by nowadays.

Serious q though, if a guy is a bad prospect, is he still a prospect? Prospect hints that there is at least a fraction of a chance at becoming a decent player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad