Part 5: True North Sports & Entertainment's efforts to acquire an NHL team (Winnip

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
What efforts? I've asked earlier in the thread if anyone has ANY data at all showing TNSE's efforts, or the efforts of the "rich" owner...

No one was able to provide anything because apparently they are remaining silent on the issue...

So how is a person supposed to get information? Once in a while I look at the Winnipeg Free press and see articles written by cry-babies comparing the weather in Winnipeg and Phoenix as if it somehow entitles Winnipeg to a team, but other than those fluff pieces, there never seems to be anything more concrete than wishful thinking in regards to the whole situation in Phoenix (and now Atlanta). I also love the one time I visited the site and "breaking news" was an article about two kids walking home from buying groceries (I saved it over how sad and ridiculous it was). Sounds like an exciting city....

So please educate me on their efforts.

As far as Quebec is concerned, I don't really care if they get a team or not, but to be honest I'd rather every team stay where they are. If Quebec were to get a team, I'd rather it be at the expense of another Canadian franchise than an American one. Either way, at least with Quebec I know a little more about the intentions of the city and the owner. I also see that a majority of players would prefer to play in Quebec, which makes me feel better about them having a franchise compared to Winnipeg.

The way the people in Winnipeg have been acting, I'd have nothing but complete and utter satisfaction if both Phoenix and Atlanta remain in their respective cities for the foreseeable future. Maybe it will help them develop some humility (like TNSE and its Owner mind you) and they can finally keep their mouths shut until something actually goes through.

Bettman acknowledged a formal offer from TNSE to purchase the Coyotes at the of May 2010:
http://www.680news.com/sports/article/60360--group-in-winnipeg-makes-offer-to-buy-coyotes-bettman
:p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad