Confirmed Trade: Part 2:[OTT/SJ] Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron for Tierney, DeMelo, Norris, Balcers, 1st, 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Last thread over 1000

The league looking at Ottawa right now:

TKO4oaP.png

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I don't get it. I'm a habs fan so it's not like i care much as were never in the mix....but if I'm a Tampa, or Stars fan....i'm PISSED right now. Your teams really couldn't beat that offer for Karlsson???

Reactions: robertmac43

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't get it. I'm a habs fan so it's not like i care much as were never in the mix....but if I'm a Tampa, or Stars fan....i'm PISSED right now. Your teams really couldn't beat that offer for Karlsson???

I dont think we had a chance even if we did top it. Dallas or VGK I dont know why they couldnt. My guess was that they didnt want to give up assets for somebody who wont re-sign right away.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Sounds like Ottawa were really determined not move EK to an eastern conference team. But Stars could have had him if they parted with Dellandra. That will look bad down the road. Heiskanen-Karlsson would have been mental.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If this is all it costed, I would have wanted the Flames to be in on this too.

Just a putrid return for a franchise defender.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I am pretty pissed that the Stars wouldn’t beat that. The rest of the West got really strong this offseason and we’ve been sitting on our hands and missed out on every big player.

Shore, Honka, Dellandra, Hintz, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd

In my opinion that’s a much better offer and still would have been a highway robbery.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I know an old Sens GM who’s probably turning upside down in his tomb. Sad day to be a Sens fan

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
That is an awful trade for the Sens, obviously. However Karlsson put them in a position where he wasn't willing to extend a contract with anyone. Top that with the whole "oh they can't trade him in the division or no way in the conference" Dorian was f***ed from the get go. Not to mention that Melnyuk(spelling? He isn't worth looking up) character.

Kudos to Wilson, now I am extremely interested in how the Sharks do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad