Confirmed Trade: Part 2:[OTT/SJ] Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron for Tierney, DeMelo, Norris, Balcers, 1st, 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I just... wow I feel bad for Sens fans.

I can't imagine supporting this crook Melnyk. Like... yikes.

On the other hand, Melnyk, Edmonton will trade you the injured and insured Sekera for Stone. Think of the money savings. $$$$$$

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
This was a big mistake by Dorion for shutting out the Eastern Conference, if that's actually what happened(that conditional 1st would suggest it). As a rebuilding team, who gives a f*** where Karlsson goes? A proper rebuild most likely won't see you contending for a Cup until 4, maybe 5 years down the line. At that point Karlsson is on the downswing of his career.

I can understand if you want to keep him out of the division just to avoid seeing rivals excel with him, as well as not having to see him step onto your home ice that many times per season, but there's no reason why the Metro shouldn't have been involved. I'm sure someone would have topped that offer.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
To anyone who thinks this was a horrendous trade for the Senators, what do you think they could have gotten for Karlsson? Keep in mind that he was being traded as a rental, not with an extension. The next time a team trades a top young asset for a rental will be the first.

I’m just glad that Melnyk owns a hockey team and not a nuclear power plant.

Don't you **** on nuclear power like that.

Source: am nuclear engineer for US navy

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
This is a Milbury-esque return, god knows I had to live through a lot of those. Sorry to Sens fans, and congrats to Sharks and Colorado fans.

Yup. They got lucky once with the Chara and Spezza return. If only Milbury was still running a franchise today, they could have kickstarted that rebuild REAL nice.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
This might not be that good for San Jose because Karlsson has said he want to test free agency to get the value he deserves

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Quantity vs Quality

Huge gamble by the Sens

Wilson was able to keep Meier is shocking to me--that would have been the hill to die for me is I was the sens GM or even Hertl

My snap judgement on the trade-player wise--Sens did not get help for this year but maybe in 3 years? I guess the Sens think highly of Jack Norris and I am not a fan of Balcers

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
upload_2018-9-13_16-36-23.jpeg
1*RPbe3tUWxeQ-O-Px_YGbDw.jpeg
finepng.png

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I don’t understand the notion that you can’t trade Karlsson in the conference, you would only be helping that team compete while you are rebuilding, who cares. Get the best return you can get.

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don’t understand the notion that you can’t trade Karlsson in the conference, you would only be helping that team compete while your rebuilding, who cares. Get the best return you can get.

agreed

the fact that they made SJ put the condition on one of the picks that if he ends up in the East, they have to pay more seems to indicate that they didn't want to deal him in the East at all. Which makes no sense.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don’t understand the notion that you can’t trade Karlsson in the conference, you would only be helping that team compete while your rebuilding, who cares. Get the best return you can get.

An egomaniac named Melnyk disagrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad