Confirmed Trade: Part 2:[OTT/SJ] Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron for Tierney, DeMelo, Norris, Balcers, 1st, 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Can someone put in writing the full trade

- Karlsson
-Francis Perron

FOR
-Chris Tierney
-Rudolfs Balcers,
-Dylan DeMelo,
-Josh Norris

- 1st round 2019 OR 2020
If SJS miss playoffs then
else

- 2nd OR 1st 2021
If SJS reaches SCF - 1st round
If SJS signs EK - 2nd round

- 1st 2021 or 2022
If EK ends up with an Eastern team during 18-19 season

What are the conditional picks?

Was wondering the same.

see above

NOTE:
If SJS makes the playoffs, 1st round pick goes to BUF since E.Kane signed an extension.

*Becomes a 2019 1st round pick if Sharks re-sign Kane. If Sharks don't make the playoffs in 2019, then Sharks have the option to retain the 2019 1st and Buffalo receives a 2020 first round pick instead. .
1st round 2019 goes to BUF
1st round 2020 goes to OTT

If SJS misses the playoffs,
1st round 2019 goes to OTT
1st round 2020 goes to BUF

Last edited:

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
I just... wow I feel bad for Sens fans.

I can't imagine supporting this crook Melnyk. Like... yikes.

On the other hand, Melnyk, Edmonton will trade you the injured and insured Sekera for Stone. Think of the money savings. $$$$$$

Chia would probably end up getting Bobby Ryan instead

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Am I crazy or is this return for Karlsson really bad?

It's not great... but there's certainly a lot of quantity there.... and there's some quality there. And the pieces are all young. Norris is an excellent prospect. Balcers had an excellent AHL rookie campaign. DeMelo and Tierney are both young players with some potential.

All in all it's about what most realistic people expected for Karlsson. Maybe not these exact pieces, but most of the offers tossed out were very unrealistic. And at the end of the day, Karlsson still doesn't have a contract (although I doubt there'll be much of an issue getting him signed).

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
When this trade went down I thought of Burns, Karlsson,Vlasic,Braun,Dillon,Ryan as the defense then I realized that the Sharks saved almost 7 million in cap Space so I believe that if the Sharks have an amazing season and possibly win the cup they have enough to resign him.

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009
- Karlsson
-Francis Perron

FOR
-Chris Tierney
-Rudolfs Balcers,
-Dylan DeMelo,
-Josh Norris

- 1st round 2019 OR 2020
If SJS miss playoffs then
else

- 2nd OR 1st 2021
If SJS reaches SCF - 1st round
If SJS signs EK - 2nd round

- 1st 2021 or 2022
If EK ends up with an Eastern team during 18-19 season

see above
NOTE: SJS doesn't hold a 1st round pick in 2019, however if they end up with from another team and misses the playoffs, it will be the highest pick

If SJS doesn't reach the SCF they only end up with one 1st. Ouch
Edit: Just noticed that he needs to be on an eastern team during 2018/19 season... thats very improbable

Reactions: llamateizer

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
This trade just shows the imcomoetence of so many NHL GMs. No other team was willing to outbid San Jose’s for the best defenseman in hockey?

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Sabres own the 2019 1st rounder from Sharks so it's not even a first in the stacked draft next year. What a terrible return for the Sens. They might not get 50 pts next year.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
So Karlsson goes to the one team that had the cap room for him. What are the chances that the return was lower than it could have been because of Melnyk's penny pinching?

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
The sad part is I bet this was one of the better offers from a western team. I have said this for a while. The return will not be that great. Yes, all fans on here can offer players all day but they are not the GM of their team. GMs know all they have to do is wait till he hits free agency and then they can offer money and not waste top prospects. The real question is does he sign long term? No top prospect was coming back despite the fact fans in Ottawa wanted one. It’s not about being Erik Karlsson it’s about timing. His value is lower cause GMs knew they had a shot in 1 year. They play a long term game.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
People are sleeping hard on the return Ottawa got, and this is coming from someone who closely follows the Sharks.

Tierney is an underrated forward. Who I believe has lowend 2nd line C potential. He's a coaches favourite and one of the best defensive forwards in the league.

Norris is good, the picks are okay, but the real steal here is Rudolfs Balcers. In fantasy circles I've been telling people to load up on this player, in the prospect threads I've been calling him a top 20 prospect. This kid is the BEST kept secret in all of hockey. His skill and speed are elite. The kid has the skillset to be a real contributor this season.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...ystem-rankings.2526605/page-12#post-148828541

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad