Post-Game Talk: PART 2 : ECSF G5: (4)Boston Bruins v (6)New York Rangers - 5/25/13

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Haven't been on much lately, but the bruins have just taken care of business, nothing to complain about :)

Lucic is just nasty right now. I don't even care that he sucked in the regular season, he came to play these playoffs.

Nothing much else to add that no one else hasn't said already haha

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
I am so pissed off right now! I had to record the game and just finished a few minutes ago what my DVR decided to record- up to the last five or so minutes of the game, and then it just stopped......so I missed the rest of the game and the handshake, and had to ask my poor sleeping husband who won. The family was great, didn't let on that they won, as a matter of fact, I thought that they lost because they were so mellow and unexcited- it must have killed them to not show their happiness that the B's won tonight! :handclap:

Lucic played amazing tonight- he's getting better and better every night he plays.

Thornton- never saw him before not follow the gentleman fighter's rule- he kept after Dorsett until the linesmen finally were able to pry him off of him. :biglaugh: Dorsett must have really pissed Thornton off, to cause him that much anger- I wish he had that same emotion with Matt Cooke.........

Speaking of that jackass, bring on the Pens!!!!!!!! Wow, this ought to be a nail biting series for sure!

Daniel Plainview

Jan 8, 2012
Dracut MA
I loved the hit Looch put on Dorsett near the end of the first period.

Once Dorsett spins around and slashes him, Lucic is like, "Well sir, you HAD my curiosity.......Now you have my attention"

lucichit.gif

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Rags fan here. Wanted to be the first to congratulate you guys on the win.

You were a very humble and hospitable group to share threads with. Kudos for that :handclap:

Looking forward to many more years of playoff games between these two. No doubt in my mind you guys will get the rest of your pieces and be right back here next year. My first hockey memory from childhood was when Espo got traded to NYR. I cried. I dont know if I knew why I was crying or really understood the situation (which I doubt) but I did know that Espo did not want to go there and it made my 5 yr old self very angry at the Bruins but even angrier at the Rangers for taking him. Thus, my hatred of NYR was born.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I am so pissed off right now! I had to record the game and just finished a few minutes ago what my DVR decided to record- up to the last five or so minutes of the game, and then it just stopped......so I missed the rest of the game and the handshake, and had to ask my poor sleeping husband who won. The family was great, didn't let on that they won, as a matter of fact, I thought that they lost because they were so mellow and unexcited- it must have killed them to not show their happiness that the B's won tonight! :handclap:

Lucic played amazing tonight- he's getting better and better every night he plays.

Thornton- never saw him before not follow the gentleman fighter's rule- he kept after Dorsett until the linesmen finally were able to pry him off of him. :biglaugh: Dorsett must have really pissed Thornton off, to cause him that much anger- I wish he had that same emotion with Matt Cooke.........

Speaking of that jackass, bring on the Pens!!!!!!!! Wow, this ought to be a nail biting series for sure!
Dafoomie highlights are up!

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I think we're all being a little too harsh on Stan Fischler. After all, have you read his twitter feed? The man is clearly senile.

On Soupy's GWG:
Stan Fischler ‏@StanFischler 11h
Rangers didn't come back and pick up #GregoryCampbell on the game-winner. Don't blame #RomanHamrlik; it's on late forwards. Credit Bs.

Stan Fischler ‏@StanFischler 13h
Well-earned go-ahead goal by #Bruins. Now we see what #Blueshirts can do about it.
#Hamrlik's two giveaways too much for #Lundqvist.

Near the end of the first period:
Stan Fischler ‏@StanFischler 13h
#Bruins fading. They need the break more than #Rangers. Cause for worry in Beantown.

Before Game 5:
Stan Fischler ‏@StanFischler 20h
Reasons for #Bruins to worry: 1. Ghosts of '42 Red Wings; 2. Ghosts of '75 Penguins; 3. #TuukaRask heebie-jeebies; 4.The King; 5. R karma.

Stan Fischler ‏@StanFischler 24 May
No matter how they conceal it, the #Bruins have to be concerned. 1. The Rask Gasp; 2. Poor series vs. Toronto; 3. Bs history of collapse.

Stan Fischler ‏@StanFischler 23 May
Tuukka Rask slipping on invisible banana peel on ice is latest in the endless collection of #Boston sports blunders. Blowing series next.

Stan Fischler ‏@StanFischler 23 May
What did I tell you -- a fourth-liner did the trick. #Rangers have #Bruins where they want them -- in Panics-vlle. #Rask won't be the same.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

I think Dorsett was being a punk and when he went after Pie Thornton decided to put a stop. Think in game for Dorsett was doing the same stuff. I think for Thornton trying to go with Pie was the last straw.

It wasn't much of a fight though.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I think we're all being a little too harsh on Stan Fischler. After all, have you read his twitter feed? The man is clearly senile.

On Soupy's GWG:

Before Game 5:

Any time anyone cites "ghosts" as a reason for worry you know he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Any time anyone cites "ghosts" as a reason for worry you know he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

What's funniest about that is he doesn't cite "Ghosts of '10." Rather, he cites ghosts from two series that the Bruins had absolutely no part of. One of which took place 38 years ago and the other 71 years ago.

Root

Feb 22, 2010

On Soupy's GWG:

Before Game 5:

**** that guy.

so glad the Bruins shut him up

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My thoughts on the game...

There were a couple of non calls that really pissed me off. Marchy gets hooked around his neck (right in front of us) and it was not called. Also they run Tuukka and nothing. I don't understand how they can let this go.:help:

Dorsett should have gotten 10 for being a very poor sport.:p:

Torey Krug...He is just a blast to watch. The sheer joy on that kids face makes me smile...and those goals are pretty good too.:D

Looch has been playing excellent. Screw all of you who wanted him gone :shakehead
...and while I am at it screw all of you who are crapping all over Segin. ...and all of the Rask hate has to stop.

I just read through the thread from the game. Some of you posters are just sad and unhappy people. Thanks to all who have faith in the B's. Positive energy is a good thing.

The next round will be tough. The B's will need their fans behind them.

GO B's.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Rags fan here. Wanted to be the first to congratulate you guys on the win.

You were a very humble and hospitable group to share threads with. Kudos for that :handclap:

There were not many Ranger fans at the Boston Garden but the few I met were cool.

Also NYR fans that came on this board were respectful.

Good Luck in the future.

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006

On Soupy's GWG:

Before Game 5:

Typical NY writer superiority complex vs Boston.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Is Krejci OK?

Yeah, knee pic happened in the 2nd period.

He was fine in the 3rd until getting fatigued on that clutch long shift.

That's just a scary, scary picture. That doesn't even look humanly possible. His knee is completely hyper-extended in that pic. May have to resurrect the nickname "gumby".

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I'm still here :) Still want CJ gone. Doesn't look like I'll be getting my way. If they win the cup again I'll change my tune.

Why would you want for Coach Julien to leave. They're are times he can be frustrating but we have been winning ever since he got here.. I don't understand.. Look at what Krug and Bart has done to this team.. Coach can only play what he has on his bench there, and try and press the right buttons and for the majority of the time he has done that.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Why would you want for Coach Julien to leave. They're are times he can be frustrating but we have been winning ever since he got here.. I don't understand.. Look at what Krug and Bart has done to this team.. Coach can only play what he has on his bench there, and try and press the right buttons and for the majority of the time he has done that.

Well, this poster might want Clode but to go but... if there's one thing that the last series teached us is that, when the players apply the system, they can be very succesfull. A lot of times, Clode was the main target for all the wrong reasons. The reasons why the Bruins are winning are simple: Better PP ( thanks to Krug ); better decision making with an without the puck + 60 min of hockey. You have to give Clode a TON of credit for believing in Krug and Bartowski... The Bruins wouldn't be the same without the benevolent tutolage of Julien to our young players.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Wait, there are STILL people who want one of the best coaches in bruins history gone? That's funny.

Anyway, I am not and never will be a player worshipper. This should never be about laundry. When they
suck, they deserve criticism.

As for stan fischler, please tell me that is a fake account...more of a fanboy than a journalist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad