Parking at Rexall

PersuasiveSteve

Hey Connor!
Mar 4, 2014
I always pay for parking and park at the Expo on the south side of Rexall Place and then cross the pedestrian bridge.

It's really close and lots of parking, but it can cost quite a bit too and it's tough to get out of if your trying to leave right after the game.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Just stay at a hotel downtown and take the LRT. It's only a 10 minute ride. The area around Rexall is a pretty crappy area.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
"Last activity 11:47pm Oct 16, 2015."

ET call home!

;)

Don't forget the Trivago review. Or at least give us one.

Yeah, Coliseum Inn is a miss. So is the area immediately around there. Not in a "this is such a dangerous place" line of thought but just not much to do. Some things going on at Northlands but that's about it.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Everyone needs to smarten up when suggesting places to stay. We don't want to lose anymore people off this hype train!

Aug 10, 2015
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have a similar question. I'm coming to my first Oiler game in 18 years and very excited about the game, but I gave my wife the option to pick the hotel and now worried what she will come up with (because I have no idea, but neither does she :D ).

I'd rather not deal with driving too and from the game (and traffic, parking and all that goes with it) so staying at a hotel near the mass transit system makes sense to me, but I don't know Edmonton that well at all.

Any suggestions of a reasonable hotel near the mass transit so that I can easily get to and from the game? (The game in question is Sunday December 06 versus Buffalo if that matters).

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have a similar question. I'm coming to my first Oiler game in 18 years and very excited about the game, but I gave my wife the option to pick the hotel and now worried what she will come up with (because I have no idea, but neither does she :D ).

I'd rather not deal with driving too and from the game (and traffic, parking and all that goes with it) so staying at a hotel near the mass transit system makes sense to me, but I don't know Edmonton that well at all.

Any suggestions of a reasonable hotel near the mass transit so that I can easily get to and from the game? (The game in question is Sunday December 06 versus Buffalo if that matters).

Don't stay at the Coliseum Inn or you will end up dead like McManningite.

I would recommend either:

- Chateau Lacombe ($105)
- Delta Hotel ($115)
- Sutton Place ($131)
- Westin ($129)

A quick search on Kayak.com reveals the above listed prices which are great for the types of hotels you're getting. They're near the LRT and relatively close to some good bars and restaurants.

The Sabres themselves will be staying at the Westin. That's the nicest of the four. Chateau Lacombe has a really nice (fancy) restaurant called La Ronde overlooking the river valley if you're looking for something with the wife.

gwiz999

Jul 18, 2013
We stayed at the downtown Westin and took a cab. $12 each way which I didn't think was bad.

Inf123

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
another option pick any hotel and find a sawmill restaurant (good steak place) pay $5 to get on a bus and it takes you to the game and drops you back off at sawmill. That $5 ticket also gets you a free beer afterwards + you get a nice steak meal. There is one close to west ed mall so you stay at Fantasyland Hotel (I would double check they actually have buses to the games, I know the capilano and sherwood park locations have it - so I assume the west end would as well)

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
RIP Mcmanningite. Coliseum Inn really was a poor choice. I still say your best bet is to stay anywhere downtown and just catch the LRT from Jasper Ave. $3 each way and takes less then 10 minutes. There are numerous hotels to choose from depending on your price range plus many places to eat within walking distance. Also minimal chance of getting stabbed.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
lol, who was the fiend that suggested the collesium in the 1st place? Talk about hate for your fellow fans. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad