I.E.
Kelly: Seriously DOPS?

Englund:

1710010352922.jpeg

Reactions: Kingjin

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
2 games seems reasonable to me. The head contact was not as forceful as other illegal check to the head suspensions we’ve seen, but Kelly did clearly mess up his approach angle and hit nearly all head.
Yeah, pretty much this. Englund bobbled the puck a little bit, slowing down his trajectory, and Kelly failed to adjust.

drede

Jul 13, 2023
It's clear Kelly had no intent to hit his head, as immediately he was apologetic but Englund was already fired up from the night and ragdolled Kelly there, 😂

Not sure that warrants a dops call, but sure, whatever.
accident or not doesn't matter if it's a direct hesdshot

Very dirty definitely worth the 2 games

Very dirty definitely worth the 2 games

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
But he has a massive amount of legal body to hit and Kelly didn't leap into any of it.

They were both fortunate that Englund's skull appears to be made out of concrete.
Yeh no downplaying, just pointing out this Megamind over here.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
It would've been nice if the on ice officials had taken the headshot more seriously and given him a 5. Englund retaliated with a ragdoll to the ice and they evened up. I'd love to see all headshots be a 4 min penalty.

Reactions: Little Psycho

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
It would've been nice if the on ice officials had taken the headshot more seriously and given him a 5. Englund retaliated with a ragdoll to the ice and they evened up. I'd love to see all headshots be a 4 min penalty.
I know just because he didn’t get seriously hurt they made a lighter call. Not cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad