Confirmed with Link: Pardy and Cracknell Claimed Off Waivers

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I liked Pardy a lot but Cracknell smelled an awful lot like stale lunchbucket to me. Iv'e seen so many Klinkhammer lunkheads here I'm not a fan of this player. never liked Cracknell. Don't think he will be here long. Remainder of the season. Pardy and Maroon are keepers to me.

I'd probably agree, but I'd like to see a few more games out of Cracknell. I thought he looked bad to start the game last night, but got better as it went on and he seemed to have better patience with the puck and better offensive instincts than guys like Klinkhammer or Korpikoski show. Could be a decent depth forward for cheap, or he could just be something we let go, but I need more games to see where he fits.

As for Pardy, I think he just made Gryba expendable. Seems a lot more composed than Gryba. He's not a great skater, but he doesn't seem to get burned as bad or often as Gryba does. Has better patience and puck handling/movement. Probably not going to throw as many big hits as Gryba, but he seems just as effective if not more at breaking up the cycle and clearing the net. Will keep an eye on him, but I definitely think he will make Gryba expendable and be a cheap option as a 6/7 D.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
What history? Gagner's rookie season? Ever since then, the Oilers have been a mess to close out seasons. I think they were decent down the stretch of one of Renney's seasons.

I want to enjoy Oilers hockey down the stretch. I'm shocked that any Oiler fans care about tanking at this point.
Playing competitive hockey down the stretch is more important for the psyche of the team and also make this a more attractive destination. I couldn't care less if they better their chances for Matthews.

AMEN. Time to learn how to win.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Benning decided he didn't want any puny 3rd or later picks. :laugh:

Seriously, he had, what, 7 UFA's and didn't move any of them?

Chia found a taker for a goalie that hadn't completed a start since December FFS.

Chia got a 3rd round pick for Justin f***in Schultz :laugh:

The man was on fire last week

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
I'd probably agree, but I'd like to see a few more games out of Cracknell. I thought he looked bad to start the game last night, but got better as it went on and he seemed to have better patience with the puck and better offensive instincts than guys like Klinkhammer or Korpikoski show. Could be a decent depth forward for cheap, or he could just be something we let go, but I need more games to see where he fits.

As for Pardy, I think he just made Gryba expendable. Seems a lot more composed than Gryba. He's not a great skater, but he doesn't seem to get burned as bad or often as Gryba does. Has better patience and puck handling/movement. Probably not going to throw as many big hits as Gryba, but he seems just as effective if not more at breaking up the cycle and clearing the net. Will keep an eye on him, but I definitely think he will make Gryba expendable and be a cheap option as a 6/7 D.

Disagree. I like both players, but just because you have one that is like the other you don't make it expendable. We sorely lack toughness and size. Something Gryba and Pardy bring to the table. You can never have too much defensive depth. I would love all our "offensive" minded defenceman to pair up with a rugged, heavy partner. If Pardy's goods are for real, then he's an asset you don't lose and Gryba is one you keep. People forget how good Gryba was for us before he went down.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Gryba minus dumb penalties = Pardy
I just dont see Chia signing both of them past this season considering he will need to add a couple top 4 Dmen as well.
Never know though.

If you sign both Pardy and Gryba and are keeping Klefbom, Nurse, Sekera, Davidson around then it doesnt really leave you much for upgrades on D.

Fayne would be a hard contract to move as well.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
It does if you keep Nurse down in the A until he develops properly instead of being thrown in the deep end every night and expected to tread water.

So you keep Sekera, 1st line dman, Davidson, Klefbom, Gryba, Pardy and Fayne.

Honestly, I still don't think we're going to see a 1st line dman come in this summer even if we do offer up Hall, 1st pick, etc. We'll be developing this from within the organization.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I liked what I saw from Cracknell in his first game. He was able to be physical and maintain possession on the cycle, wearing down opposing defensemen. We had a reasonable NHL quality 4th line against Buffalo with him, Lander, and Henderson. I hope it continues for the remainder of the season.

It would be nice for McLellan to have some tougher bottom-6 roster decisions to make upon the return of RNH and Pouliot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad