Value of: Parayko to NYR

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
This is tricky because Stl wants to go the same direction rangers are going with the rebuild so I couldn’t really see anything that they would want besides younger players if it means giving up Anderson I’m all for it though I have to imagine shattenkirk or pionk going the other way, highly unlikely

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Watching them vs the Oilers last night it just re-affirmed to me how over rated Parayko has gotten on this board. He's a quality player no doubt but is no #1 D like he was pegged as and is very clearly a 2nd pairing D with size (like a #3).

He's likely not moved because no team will overpay for him and the team values him higher than his trade value (if the fans are believed). Although to be fair it is an attractive package to have a #3 D with size and that kind of shot.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Was it an E2, E3, or E4..?

?????????????????????????????
unnamed.jpg

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Whatever you want to call him #1, #2, #3 - I don't think Rangers have anything they could realistically offer that Blues would be interested in. I imagine the start of the conversation would be a definite 1st involved, perhaps they want a defensemen back such as Skjei (maybe a right side replacement like Pionk / DeAngelo), or a young player play drafted recently drafted and need us to take Bouwmeester back.

I don't think they have interest in Andersson. If I'm the Blues I target a prospect or young player with more speed.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Whatever you want to call him #1, #2, #3 - I don't think Rangers have anything they could realistically offer that Blues would be interested in. I imagine the start of the conversation would be a definite 1st involved, perhaps they want a defensemen back such as Skjei (maybe a right side replacement like Pionk / DeAngelo), or a young player play drafted recently drafted and need us to take Bouwmeester back.

I don't think they have interest in Andersson. If I'm the Blues I target a prospect or young player with more speed.

Bouwmeesters cap isn’t really that much of an issue unless we are trading for a lot more salary than hypothetically in this scenario Paraykos. If we wouldn’t have pissed the season away already I could see where we would want to clear some salary.

Regardless, if we were to consider trading Parayko I don’t see how it could be even considered without bringing in someone that can fill his role adequately.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Watching them vs the Oilers last night it just re-affirmed to me how over rated Parayko has gotten on this board. He's a quality player no doubt but is no #1 D like he was pegged as and is very clearly a 2nd pairing D with size (like a #3).

He's likely not moved because no team will overpay for him and the team values him higher than his trade value (if the fans are believed). Although to be fair it is an attractive package to have a #3 D with size and that kind of shot.
Parayko played 28 mins last night almost had a goa l and drive the play very well. Look way better than any Dman on edm. I get you want to try and de-value him but take the time to look objectively at his stats for the night.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Skjei+ if we really want to make a move just to make a move. Kind of pointless for both sides if you ask me though.

Reactions: WhoTagz

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
We obviously can't trade Parayko while Pie is on the IR (a month+). We'll see how Parayko handles facing the toughest competition... who knows, he might thrive on that and getting huge minutes. Trading Pie for a lesser/younger D plus other futures might start looking very sensible.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Worth noting here is that the Blues likely have 0 interest in moving Parayko, so feel free to keep your shiny pieces.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
It would be too costly for the Rangers. Think Skjei, 1st and Chytil/Kravstov

Haha hell noooo that's a massive overrating of Parayko.

Our first doesn't get moved in any deal unless it's for an actual elite player. Which makes no sense anyway with where this franchise is. That's why we traded McDonagh.

The sooner Gorton gets on with trading away everyone, the better.

Rangers fans can't let Lundqvist's Hart level distract them from what the real plan here is.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Parayko played 28 mins last night almost had a goa l and drive the play very well. Look way better than any Dman on edm. I get you want to try and de-value him but take the time to look objectively at his stats for the night.

Are you really going to try and say he looks better than any D on Edmonton? Not exactly a high bar there.. Parayko got beat to the puck a lot in his own zone. He can't handle fast forechecking. He's perfect for the west but he's the type of D that would get eaten alive in the east.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Are you really going to try and say he looks better than any D on Edmonton? Not exactly a high bar there.. Parayko got beat to the puck a lot in his own zone. He can't handle fast forechecking. He's perfect for the west but he's the type of D that would get eaten alive in the east.
Yes i did say it. Parayko looked fine last night and put up 28 mins toi. He certainly did not get beat all the time. You really need to stop cracking on the guy. I get it you dont want him. I dont want to trade him but dont trash him. He was by far the best defenseman on the ice last night and their is only one dman on your team that is better than him. So please stop making your self look bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad