OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
The lions offensive line, and defensive front suck. They cannot protect, nor can they put pressure respectively, on the other teams. When you have 15-20 seconds to allow for time to make plays, you’ll win. Want to know why Jennings was so good 2 years ago? Offensive line was far better and more consistent.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Plays don't even last anywhere near 15-20 seconds, let alone the QB having that much time to make a decision. The offensive line needs to be a lot better, but how many years is this team going to waste on Jennings? He just doesn't have it. We were way better off with the corpse of Lulay last year. We need to find a new guy to invest time in.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The lions offensive line, and defensive front suck. They cannot protect, nor can they put pressure respectively, on the other teams. When you have 15-20 seconds to allow for time to make plays, you’ll win. Want to know why Jennings was so good 2 years ago? Offensive line was far better and more consistent.
The O line hasn't been good since Murphy and Jiminez were here. Ever since then it hasn't been able to protect the qb worth shit. I was hoping for improvement with Hervey recognizing the problem and getting some new guys but so far I've not been impressed. Jennings still seems gun-shy. Can't get the long ball going with anyone and he's still clearly not comfortable.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

To an extent. The offensive line is much more talented this year, but Jennings has had a serious problem making his reads.

I really can't stand the Lions offensive line coach though. Dan Dorazio, to me, is easily the worst O-line coach in the CFL. When players like Justin Sorenson, J'Marcus Hardrick, and others look awful here but then go to other teams and play great and are starters you question why. Three seasons ago when Jennings first came into the league we had a good offensive line. Our O-Line coach that year was Doug Malone. He was let go when Tedford quit, and Buono brought back his friend Dorazio. Our offensive lines under Dorazio have turned our QB's into a pinata throughout his tenure, even going back to when we had Murphy and Jimenez.

Reactions: theoriginalBCF

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Some of those early throws by Jennins have been awful....I really think the Leos have another Casey Printers on their hands.....basically one MOP level season before the rest of the league figured him out. I'd wager he isn't even the starter by the end of the year.

And not to beat on dead horse, but still can't understand why they brought Wally back for one farewell season. He's the greatest coach in CFL history, but it was 'time' a year ago.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
When Zack Collaros gets healthy in Regina it's safe to say Leos have the worst quarterbacking in the Western Conference. And without it, you can't win anything.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
He's a nice guy, one of those quiet types who won't embarrass your organization and a great teammate to have, but Jennings is done. He's not a starting QB in this league. Like last year, he just doesn't appear to feel comfortable out there and his panic's turn into turnovers.

Lulay's knee can't get healthy fast enough.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
This is painful. All Vancouver teams are utter trash right now. Can't get any refuge.

Actually, the Canadians are coming off yet another Northwest League championship. Their games are cheap and really fun to go to.

But for major league teams, yeah.

He's a nice guy, one of those quiet types who won't embarrass your organization and a great teammate to have, but Jennings is done. He's not a starting QB in this league. Like last year, he just doesn't appear to feel comfortable out there and his panic's turn into turnovers.

Lulay's knee can't get healthy fast enough.

Jennings just isn't finding his receivers and he's far too easily rattled in the pocket. It's like he has PTSD from being sacked too many times and now he just can't get it together.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Mudshark50

Nov 25, 2005
NorthVancouver
To an extent. The offensive line is much more talented this year, but Jennings has had a serious problem making his reads.

I really can't stand the Lions offensive line coach though. Dan Dorazio, to me, is easily the worst O-line coach in the CFL. When players like Justin Sorenson, J'Marcus Hardrick, and others look awful here but then go to other teams and play great and are starters you question why. Three seasons ago when Jennings first came into the league we had a good offensive line. Our O-Line coach that year was Doug Malone. He was let go when Tedford quit, and Buono brought back his friend Dorazio. Our offensive lines under Dorazio have turned our QB's into a pinata throughout his tenure, even going back to when we had Murphy and Jimenez.

Rider fans are saying the same thing about their Oline coach, Stephen Sorells.

Leo's have too many top receivers not to make a QB look semi-good even with a mediocre to bad Oline.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The really sad thing is that even if the Leos have have another 7-11 season and miss the playoffs again, which is pretty hard to do in the CFL, I'm just not sure how many people really care. CFL football is not in a good place in Vancouver, and even new ownership, new coaching and better marketing might not bring it back.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
The really sad thing is that even if the Leos have have another 7-11 season and miss the playoffs again, which is pretty hard to do in the CFL, I'm just not sure how many people really care. CFL football is not in a good place in Vancouver, and even new ownership, new coaching and better marketing might not bring it back.

It's come back from worse. The mid/late 90's were a very dark period for this team. TV ratings for the Lions are still high so there definitely is interest. Vancouver is just a very bandwagon city. Once they start winning again people will go.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Oh, and the entire secondary played like traffic cops on valium last night as well. That also wasn't good.
I think it would help if the DL/defensive scheme could generate consistent pressure on opposing QB's. It doesn't always have to result in sacks but you need to make the other teams qb feel jittery (pressures/hurries/hits) in the pocket so they don't get in a comfortable rhythm. This team simply hasn't been able to generate pressure under Mark Washingston the past few years and I'm not really sure it matters who is in the secondary when the opposing quarterback has all day to check down to 2nd or 3rd options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad