OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Looks to me like Ed Hervey has done the 'reverse Wally Buono"....loaded up on CFL veterans who know the league and have a proven track record...O-line looks transformed, and Odell Willis is the motor that never stops on the D-line....can't help but think they'll have to be better, particularly since the Riders and Bombers seem to have taken a step backward.

The biggest question mark is at QB, and that's the most important position on any team. From what I've seen, Jon Jennings just doesn't have it. He's looked frantic behind center and has trouble making his reads. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him replaced with Lulay by the time Lulay is healthy, and then our season will depend on how long can he stay healthy.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Decent game. Lions started off slow but got it together in the second half. Defense got a lot better, offense was kind of flat.

Huge hit on the idiot who ran on the field. Loved it. You gonna run onto our field you gonna get knocked the f*** out!

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Yeah, not much to write home about. Not terrifically happy that we have a bye week next week when there's clearly a lot of work to do, but whattayagonnado.

The lines are...I really want to say better, but I'm still on the fence. It is only Montreal, after all. JJ's still tentative with the deep ball and he wasn't able to penetrate the d for most of the game...I dunno.

Hard to really get a read on the team so far. But hey, 1-0. Better than 0-1.

Feb 24, 2017

I almost love his jacket. But I was 12 when I got the black with white stripes adidas tracksuit, and the one I love just has the little adidas logo near your heart.

No disrespect meant, I hope obviously, towards a great Vancouver sports fan who was called home far too early.
F37C37EA-F3BD-435B-A6D5-14D4E2610B39.jpeg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
CFL season is a marathon grind....not really how you start, but where you are in October....I'm guessing the Lions aren't finished tinkering with the lineup...secondary looks a bit suspect...and lost track of the number of times on second down and 10, the team runs a seven yard out to a receiver with no blockers in front of him. But hopefully they look at the film a stop running plays that have no chance of gaining a first down.

But a win is a win....looking like the Leos will be battling it out for 3-4 in the division with the Bombers and Riders, with the crossover team likely from the West again.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Just read on TSN that the buffoon who ran onto the field last week and got leveled by Young has hired a law firm. Does anyone know if there is any precedent for that kind of lawsuit? He clearly put himself in harm's way, but presumably could argue that Young assaulted him?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Just read on TSN that the buffoon who ran onto the field last week and got leveled by Young has hired a law firm. Does anyone know if there is any precedent for that kind of lawsuit? He clearly put himself in harm's way, but presumably could argue that Young assaulted him?
I'm sure there is, although I don't think some of the more high-profile fan intruders ever sued (thinking of the guy who Rob Ray beat up in Quebec City or the Mike Milbury shoe victim, for example). While it's not quite the same, by analogy, there are some famous cases where the question of "voluntary assumption of risk" is involved, and, in short, it's really hard to prove. (This is part of the reason why people might successfully sue for injury despite signing a waiver or, in the case of sporting events, often having one printed on the back of your ticket as a condition of attending). It'll always come down to specific facts in each case.

All of which to say, in law it's seldom as simple as "Well you did something dumb, so it's your own fault." Responsibility can and is apportioned to varying degrees all the time. Reasonableness and proportionality will be always be dissected. It's the same reason why a trampoline owner can be liable for keeping their own trampoline on their own property, if some idiot trespasses and uses it badly, or a homeowner can't set up a spring-loaded shotgun to blast intruders as they enter illegally, even though that seems to protect criminals.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I'm sure there is, although I don't think some of the more high-profile fan intruders ever sued (thinking of the guy who Rob Ray beat up in Quebec City or the Mike Milbury shoe victim, for example). While it's not quite the same, by analogy, there are some famous cases where the question of "voluntary assumption of risk" is involved, and, in short, it's really hard to prove. (This is part of the reason why people might successfully sue for injury despite signing a waiver or, in the case of sporting events, often having one printed on the back of your ticket as a condition of attending). It'll always come down to specific facts in each case.

All of which to say, in law it's seldom as simple as "Well you did something dumb, so it's your own fault." Responsibility can and is apportioned to varying degrees all the time. Reasonableness and proportionality will be always be dissected. It's the same reason why a trampoline owner can be liable for keeping their own trampoline on their own property, if some idiot trespasses and uses it badly, or a homeowner can't set up a spring-loaded shotgun to blast intruders as they enter illegally, even though that seems to protect criminals.
Semi-streaker hit during BC Lions game hires law firm - NEWS 1130

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Also if anyone knows where I can find one of these:

1200px-Geroy_Simon_2011.jpg

Or these:
retrowallpaper1.jpg

Or these:
worn-autographed-bc-jamal-lee-23-jersey-350_9541691.jpg

Let me know. I check ebay on the regular but besides small stuff like coasters and signed photos, its slim pickings. Except for children's large jerseys. I need an xxl or bigger. I just want these suckers bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad