Friedman: Par Lindholm to the NHL; Canucks Interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
"1. Another Canadian team that may dip into European free agency: Vancouver. The Canucks are looking at Par Lindholm, a 26-year-old Swedish centre. Several NHL clubs were interested, but believe Vancouver has a good shot at him."

From Elliotte Friedman's 31 thoughts.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Would he be bound to a standard 2 year waiver exempt ELC?
It should be 1 year given his age. Zatsiev from Toronto only had to do a 1 year deal. Think the cutoff age between 2 vs 1 year is like 24/25.

Panarin was 23, turning 24 in Q4 of 2015 when he signed with Chicago and had to do 2 years on his elc.

Reactions: MordredGK

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Radio in vancouver (Jason Bourne) saying that he would top out as a 3/4C... So not a high ceiling

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Could be a good center for Pettersson who will likely start his NHL career on the wing.
If Svech is ready to go for next season then no:

Svech Horvat Boeser
Baertchi Gaudette PBP
Lipesic Sutter Virtanen
Goldy Lindhome Mott

Spares: Gaunce Gagner Eriksson

Reactions: Mathew Barzal

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
I wonder what Vancouver has that might interest him... hmm... EP40 perhaps? :) We need a C for him. There is Tyler Bozak in free agency or perhaps this guy? He just saw Pettersson dominate the SHL. Could be a good linemate here in VAN.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
Radio in vancouver (Jason Bourne) saying that he would top out as a 3/4C... So not a high ceiling
Depth plays a huge role in post-season success.

I wonder what Vancouver has that might interest him... hmm... EP40 perhaps? :) We need a C for him. There is Tyler Bozak in free agency or perhaps this guy? He just saw Pettersson dominate the SHL. Could be a good linemate here in VAN.
He just played against EP40 in the finals,and we saw how great he was, so yeah probably him.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
He looked good at the Olympics, played a style that could work in the NHL, gritty and very competitive with decent offensive skills.

But, according to EP, he still has a contract in the shl for next year, no?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Par for the course.

tenor.gif

;)

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Worth a shot. Pretty brutal class of UFA centres outside of a few of them. I don't think Gaudette showed enough to be a lock for the NHL next year, so we will need to look into all options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad