Pants are off as the Habs blow out the Sabres edition

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Price had no business getting a star tonight. He wasn't busy at all and didn't have to do much of anything. Eller and DD were much more deserving.

If it had been me, would have been Eller, DD and Bourque in that order.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I was hard on Armstrong, but he's a smart play. Good defensively, and makes the simple play. Physical without going overboard. I like him.

I know this is blasphemy on these parts but if everyone plays like they did today I'd cycle the grinders a little to keep them fresh. I doubt momentum is as important for them as it is the skill guys.

Armstrong was a nice pickup. He hasn't been outstanding by any means but he's been solid defensively, especially on 5 on 5, isn't completely without skill, and plays a different kind of physical game that's a nice compliment. He doesn't have to play every game though.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I disagree with the defense part. We're in the top-10 for defense with Subban back in the lineup, definitely good enough to be a contender.

We are still giving up breakaways and had some trouble clearing the zone sometimes even today. It's just that Buffalo had absolutely no finish whatsoever; they could have scored 2 goals that they didn't get.

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
Price had no business getting a star tonight. He wasn't busy at all and didn't have to do much of anything. Eller and DD were much more deserving.

If it had been me, would have been Eller, DD and Bourque in that order.

Price faced 31 shots, quite a few of which were dangerous.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Contending team now ?

Philly type turnaround?

Too soon

All it takes is a 3 losses streak now and we're right back into .500 range. The status of the team and where the Habs really stand will be a bit easier to evalute at 20+ games played imho

But it's a great start. Much better than i expected

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
My MVP for this game was Plekanec. He had so many chances... He was all over the place.

Mea culpa, at least for now: Eller was very good on the first line. He was at the right spot, at the right time and read the play very well. I'm definitely rooting for this guy to show he deserves on the top line. He and Desharnais played well together.

Cole had some flashes, but overall, terrible game. Same for Diaz. I really like Emelin's game... what he doesn't have the puck. My god... Stop taking so many stupid chances. Just play it safe already.

Strong showing for PK.

Gallagher is becoming my favorite player. I followed him in Hamilton through the first half of the season, and I thought he was NHL ready. Sure showing it. He's all over the ice. And of course, Galchenyuk... As WTK (I think?) mentionned in the GDT, just wait until he starts getting those amazing snipes in the back of the net. He has one hell of a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad