Post-Game Talk: Panthers win but lose another forward in the last game on FS Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
They are starting to get a hang of this 7D thing. Nobody seemed to stretch their abilities in this game, including Stillman who had a really good game.

I also like the adjustments that the coaches made on the PK. With Barkov out, Duclair and Verhaeghe have seen more PK time. But after Detroit scored their first PP goal on Florida this year with Verhaeghe on the ice, they responded by splitting up the super PK pair Wennberg-Luostarinen and used Lammiko more. And that shut down the Red Wings' PP the rest of the game. Luostarinen has a really long and magnetic stick it seems.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
They are starting to get a hang of this 7D thing. Nobody seemed to stretch their abilities in this game, including Stillman who had a really good game.

I also like the adjustments that the coaches made on the PK. With Barkov out, Duclair and Verhaeghe have seen more PK time. But after Detroit scored their first PP goal on Florida this year with Verhaeghe on the ice, they responded by splitting up the super PK pair Wennberg-Luostarinen and used Lammiko more. And that shut down the Red Wings' PP the rest of the game. Luostarinen has a really long and magnetic stick it seems.
I don't think that Nuti had a very good game. I find with him when I watch him play, he seems like a good defensive-defenseman who throws solid hits and rarely caught out of position . He might do that for a game or two, then I'm finding he's making bad penalties and being caught out of position. I'm for only going with 6 D, and sitting Nuti, and dressing one more forward.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I don't think that Nuti had a very good game. I find with him when I watch him play, he seems like a good defensive-defenseman who throws solid hits and rarely caught out of position . He might do that for a game or two, then I'm finding he's making bad penalties and being caught out of position. I'm for only going with 6 D, and sitting Nuti, and dressing one more forward.
His penalty was pretty spectacular. Otherwise the stats disagree with you, but he played less than 9 minutes so he didn't overextend either way.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
My guess is that Duclair will be playing with a shoulder brace the rest of the year. Feels like one of those injuries where they tell you he’s headed for shoulder surgery during locker clean out day.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
His penalty was pretty spectacular. Otherwise the stats disagree with you, but he played less than 9 minutes so he didn't overextend either way.
Looks like he was Benched for over 15 minutes after that penalty.

He had the least TOI of defenseman on the team, with just under 9 minutes played.

Totally spaced that you just said he played under 9 minutes already.

Reactions: Pigge

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Lol. I never said any of those things. I wouldn’t say good for a long stretch, but his last 4 periods he has certainly been good.
Lots of silly things said about Bob around here.

The point is he is still fully capable of an elite level of play.

Imagine him with 3 capable and balanced D pairs in front of him. Zito needs another offseason IMO.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Really?
:huh:
I don't think he needs any confidence boosters.
If anything his domination of the Wings is a career long thing.

The Bob haters are running out of things to complain about. Its very obvious in every GDT where he does well.

Judge and Bob are both very capable. Its that positive problem to have like I spoke about early in the season. Oh and Bob is now getting more than his 50% crease share.

Q has done a great job handling this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pigge and Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
If anything his domination of the Wings is a career long thing.

The Bob haters are running out of things to complain about. Its very obvious in every GDT where he does well.

Q has done a great job handling this.

Judge and Bob are both very capable. Its that positive problem to have like I spoke about early in the season. Oh and Bob is now getting more than his 50% crease share.
I completely agree with Bob's career-long domination of the Red Wings. Panthers have one more game against the Red Wings this season, might as well collect two more points.

As for the Bob haters, things that were said are aging really poorly right now.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I haven't read through the GDT, but the virtual vault where they surprised Randy with the video montage of his time with the Panthers from '94 to present day as a player, Radio play-by-play, and now TV colour commentator was really nice to see. You could tell it definitely choked him up, as he said he wasn't expecting that.

:clap:

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Lots of silly things said about Bob around here.

The point is he is still fully capable of an elite level of play.

Imagine him with 3 capable and balanced D pairs in front of him. Zito needs another offseason IMO.

Could say that for pretty much any goaltender in the league. As has been stated ad nausea, Bob was paid to be a difference maker. Anyways, he has been playing well lately, and hopefully it will continue.

Reactions: CursedCats

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I haven't read through the GDT, but the virtual vault where they surprised Randy with the video montage of his time with the Panthers from '94 to present day as a player, Radio play-by-play, and now TV colour commentator was really nice to see. You could tell it definitely choked him up, as he said he wasn't expecting that.

s-l400.jpg
Is there a video of it online?

CursedCats

Mar 10, 2020
I completely agree with Bob's career-long domination of the Red Wings. Panthers have one more game against the Red Wings this season, might as well collect two more points.

Part of the reason why Bob has haters is because of his contract. You can say that’s not his fault and it isn’t, but it’s the nature of being a sports fan. It doesn’t help Bob that we see we can get the same (or better) production from a goalie at a cheap price out of nowhere (Driedger).

Yandle has haters for the same reason.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Really?
:huh:
I don't think he needs any confidence boosters.
I'm surprised. It's always one of the excuses that's trotted out when he has some poor stretches of play. Bob has the opportunity to string along a series of 4 games with a .900SV or above, which he has yet to do this season. Steps in the right direction.

lmao, still aging better than your bold take that Bob would have a string of 13gp with a SV% above .937 by the end of March. Your expectation for Bob are becoming more realistic and he's meeting them, which is great.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
lmao, still aging better than your bold take that Bob would have a string of 13gp with a SV% above .937 by the end of March. Your expectation for Bob are becoming more realistic and he's meeting them, which is great.
No no, I believe you said something to the fact that you need to see Bob with 15 straight games of a sv% of .935 or better. That's absurd! Name one goalie in the League this year that has done just that?

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Part of the reason why Bob has haters is because of his contract. You can say that’s not his fault and it isn’t, but it’s the nature of being a sports fan. It doesn’t help Bob that we see we can get the same (or better) production from a goalie at a cheap price out of nowhere (Driedger).

Yandle has haters for the same reason.
I can see that being a thing for a GM, but why should I care as a fan? If a good or expensive player plays well, I'm happy. If a bad or cheap player plays well, I'm happy. How much money they get for it has nothing to do with what they do to help the team win.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

s-l400.jpg
Didn’t know that Randy Moller was #16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad