Post-Game Talk: Panthers Win 3-2, Leave Smog Kings Holding OT Loss - Todd McLellan Still Revolting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'd start with whatever mix of Ekblad, Lundell, Knight, and however many 1st round picks they want. Brady to the Panthers is destiny; make it happen Zito.
Brady was my favorite player in the NHL for a while until the Panthers got Matthew.
As much as I want him, you know the Sens would make the Panthers pay an Atlantic division tax on any deal.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Brady was my favorite player in the NHL for a while until the Panthers got Matthew.
As much as I want him, you know the Sens would make the Panthers pay an Atlantic division tax on any deal.
Call me crazy but I wouldn’t part with all of Ek, Lundy and Knight for Brady. I think that’s too much.

Reactions: MaWa

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think Reino's probably signing for $8.5x8. That's $68M total. How much would another team realistically offer in AAV? I'd guess $10M at most, still that would be $70M. Plus the lower tax rate in Florida helps too.

They could also give it to him in pure bonuses like Tkachuk to further increase the tax savings. It's a great way to dodge the jock tax

Reactions: pantherbot

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Bennett is really good in spurts. At times he can weave through traffic with the puck, blast his shot away and be as physical as anyone on the ice.
Other times he is just there, And I'm okay with that. He brings a lot to the table when he is on his game.
He’s a weapon in the playoffs though. Minus the dumb penalties. Worth resigning if we can.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
He’s a weapon in the playoffs though. Minus the dumb penalties. Worth resigning if we can.
It's not just that; not re-signing Bennett leaves a big hole at 2C. We were hoping Lundell would fill that and he still might one day (cureent struggles aside, he is just 22 and development isn’t linear), but right now it’s not happening.
It'd definitely depend on the contract, but if we're not re-signing Bennett, then we need to sign *someone* for the spot. If the price and term is reasonable, might as well stick with the guy who's been good for us already.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Call me crazy but I wouldn’t part with all of Ek, Lundy and Knight for Brady. I think that’s too much.
Too much? lol

Sens would laugh at this trade proposal.

Lundell = very low value
Ekblad = UFA after next year. Injury prone. Will probably not age well.
Knight = well…it’s a goalie.

Not even close of what it’d take.

• Haha
Reactions: KW

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Too much? lol

Lundell = very low value

Knight will probably be a starter in this league and Lundell will probably get his shit together. Ek is really good, just slow. Yeah, too much.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Too much? lol

Lundell = very low value

Ekblad has little value as an above average top4 dman as he's significantly overpaid and he's bound to sign another overbloated contract.
Knight and Lundell have plenty of value especially for a rebuilder.

The Sens need Brady more than the Panthers so an overpayment is going to be needed and I wouldn't want to see e.g. Verhaeghe as a cap casualty new contracts need to be offered to other personnel.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The only reason we're even talking about this is that things are so f***ing bad in Ottawa right now, it's possible they might blow it up to the point of trading away the team's best player.

I think that's probably what they need to do, but that will be a tough bill to sell to a fanbase that's been patient through an ugly rebuild that has now turned into a five alarm tire fire.

I figure that if there's any possibility of it happening, Zito will figure something out. As long as the trade isn't made at the deadline... :laugh:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
From “All About The Jersey”
Florida Panthers...only have five forwards with 20 or more points — Evan Rodrigues (26), Matthew Tkachuk (40), Carter Verhaeghe (41), Aleksander Barkov (45), and Sam Reinhart (53). They are also joined by Sam Bennett, who has 15 points in 29 games, and Anton Lundell, who is underperforming with only 13 points in 37 games. Beyond them, the Panthers lineup is largely filled with plugs and goons, like Nick Cousins, who is currently out with concussion symptoms.

:laugh::laugh: “plugs and goons”

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Too much? lol

Lundell = very low value

You really want to make me a Sens fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad