Pre-Game Talk: Panthers vs. Edmonton 1/11/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Randy Moller makes all of them Oscar Worthy. My goodness, outside the occasional funny goal call, he repeats the same sayings over and over. And he fumbles his words a lot.

He also needs to stop saying Upshaw

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
goldfarb has become a lot better though... but i just throw it on my 2nd monitor and unmutes when theres something fun going on

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Goldstein is awesome, really nice dude in person too.
Lindsay is hilarious, and Billy's Breakdown was always informative ("Stop.....now roll it!") but as others have pointed out, he isn't the most articulate guy on TV.
Potvin is ok, definitely has credibility but he throws it all out the window with his blatant homerism when it comes to penalty calls. Drives me insane. Also, "Eggblad" and "Gubranski" haha.
Goldfart has grown on me. He's a nice kid working his dream job and I think he has improved significantly since he started last year. He may be a cornball, but he's our cornball.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Goldfarb isn't bad. Think he has gotten better as the season has gone on. I kind of miss Craig Minervini though.

Erick*

Goldfarb just has a cheesy smile that you don't want to see especially after a loss, but he's good at what he does. He's well-spoken, has a good voice, and his interviews on Inside the Panthers are pretty good too.

It's actually impressive how he maintains his smile. I've been on camera before and that's incredibly difficult to do.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Goldfarb just has a cheesy smile that you don't want to see especially after a loss, but he's good at what he does. He's well-spoken, has a good voice, and his interviews on Inside the Panthers are pretty good too.

It's actually impressive how he maintains his smile. I've been on camera before and that's incredibly difficult to do.

some people practice hockey for 15-16 years before it becomes their dream, some smile for 15-16 years before it becomes their dream

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I have absolutely no problems with Goldstein at all. Most fans around the league don't watch our games, but the ones that do give him tons of praise. For a guy that never played in the NHL, he knows a ton about the game and history of the Panthers franchise. He also knows how to constantly keep the fans entertained during a broadcast without being too biased unlike many others out there.

I remember being upset when Potvin was let go last time around as I used to think of him like my Grandpa giving me wise information. Now, while I still respect his knowledge of the game and being one of the best defensemen in NHL history, his lack of pronouncing names right and complaining about penalties or anything even such as the ice conditions can sometimes drive me nuts.

I originally thought Billy was downright terrible at being a color commentator a few years ago. He would slur his words and lose his train of thought. However, I loved the chemistry that he had with Goldstein and he got so much better last season. I was disappointed to know that his role was downgraded to between the benches. I would personally rather have him in his old role than Potvin.

Last season, I thought Goldfarb was very inexperienced and ridiculously cheery. He still smiles too much, but I've certainly seen the improvement in his work this season. I personally think he'd be a great as a local news morning host. Give the kid a break though. He's only 26 years-old and grew up a diehard Panthers fan. I think he'll get better over time and more fans will learn to like him in his role.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I don't remember Potvin being this "condescending" last time he was here. He analyses games like the viewers don't know anything about hockey and it's getting really annoying. Billy was at least good for a laugh or two a game Potvin just drives me nuts. I was happy when I first heard Potvin was coming back but now I miss Billy. Goldfarb is a putz.

I kinda feel like he was brought in by Viola and Cifu and they told him to really explain the game at a basic level as they're trying to get a bunch of new people into hockey who have never been exposed to it before. That's why it seems so "beginner". But I may be wrong.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I have absolutely no problems with Goldstein at all. Most fans around the league don't watch our games, but the ones that do give him tons of praise. For a guy that never played in the NHL, he knows a ton about the game and history of the Panthers franchise. He also knows how to constantly keep the fans entertained during a broadcast without being too biased unlike many others out there.

I remember being upset when Potvin was let go last time around as I used to think of him like my Grandpa giving me wise information. Now, while I still respect his knowledge of the game and being one of the best defensemen in NHL history, his lack of pronouncing names right and complaining about penalties or anything even such as the ice conditions can sometimes drive me nuts.

I originally thought Billy was downright terrible at being a color commentator a few years ago. He would slur his words and lose his train of thought. However, I loved the chemistry that he had with Goldstein and he got so much better last season. I was disappointed to know that his role was downgraded to between the benches. I would personally rather have him in his old role than Potvin.

Last season, I thought Goldfarb was very inexperienced and ridiculously cheery. He still smiles too much, but I've certainly seen the improvement in his work this season. I personally think he'd be a great as a local news morning host. Give the kid a break though. He's only 26 years-old and grew up a diehard Panthers fan. I think he'll get better over time and more fans will learn to like him in his role.

I concur.

Goldfarb has improved a lot.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
As someone who's studying journalism, I can tell you that Billy does not belong on TV or anywhere near a microphone.

He knows the game, but he's tough to listen to because he can't put a sentence together without stuttering.

Journalism and broadcasting are two different things unless you went to school for both like me and my broadcast partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad