Confirmed with Link: Panthers trade Drew Shore to CGY for Corban Knight

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
We just called him up today.

Any scouting reports? I've tried finding info about this kid. The San Antonio Rampage commentator was on the radio to talk about Shore on Monday and he was like... "he's really good. he's a player" and then spent the rest of the time talking about how great of a person he was. :laugh:

But how? How does he play? What are his strengths? Any input appreciated.

Can be a 3rd line center the minute he laces skates for you. Many say had we not signed the 5.5 million dollar man that's where he should be now.

Good luck, great kid

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

Any scouting reports? I've tried finding info about this kid. The San Antonio Rampage commentator was on the radio to talk about Shore on Monday and he was like... "he's really good. he's a player" and then spent the rest of the time talking about how great of a person he was. :laugh:

Very good on the PK.

More of a passer than a shooter, but at some point when he was playing with Mueller and Huberdeau and Mueller was in a very very cold streak, Shore started to shoot more and got some goals out of it. Afterward in an interview he said he tried to change his mindset a bit to be more of a shooter.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

Good size, decent face-off man. Will work hard no matter what. IceQ is pretty subpar, so Hartley should throw him out there in-between a couple grinders. He has a hard shot, but rarely chooses to use it and when he does it's usually not in an optimal situation. That will frustrate fans. Decent penalty killer, which is a huge plus. Passing isn't bad, but again he seems a step behind everyone in terms of ice awareness. Takes the odd annoying penalty every now and then. Ceiling is a third-line center; nothing more.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
The thing with shore is, I always thought he didn't have as good of vision as people thought.. Too many times he'd come down the middle of the ice and just shoot. Never really made plays. I feel like his great start to the season, like Huberdeau that year, was because everybody in the nhl was on strike and he and Huberdeau were playing hockey all year. I remember he had all his points that one month.

That being said, he can win draws, he's a big body and can kill penalties.. I always viewed him as a good center you'd like to have on your fourth line, and while people say Bolland took his spot.. I'd say it was more MacKenzie that took it.

I was hoping we dealt him, but more as part of a package. I wish him well.

Kevin4762

Jan 7, 2015
Corban Knight seems to be playing very well. He's had 3 points in two games. If he manages to continue this form he might even turn out to be better than Drew Shore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad