Post-Game Talk: Panthers spot Kraken a 2 goal lead but Bob shines while Forsling, Tkachuk and Cousins score a 3-2 win

Who's winning this one and how?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I missed the game, very happy to see that the Panthers came away with a W. Is this the first time the team has ever beaten Seattle?

Team is doing very well IMO for being a MASH unit out there. The biggest positive? 2-0 vs the Eastern Conference, and both against playoff competitors.

For all of my past criticism of PoMo, I think he's doing well with what the team has to deal with right now.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I missed the game, very happy to see that the Panthers came away with a W. Is this the first time the team has ever beaten Seattle?

Team is doing very well IMO for being a MASH unit out there. The biggest positive? 2-0 vs the Eastern Conference, and both against playoff competitors.

For all of my past criticism of PoMo, I think he's doing well with what the team has to deal with right now.

We're 2-3-0 vs them now.

Screenshot_20231028_215225_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
Watched the rebroadcast of the game, honestly, they played really well tonight. I'm kind of impressed. I didn't think the first period was as bad as most of you... outside of the goal, they certainly weren't getting caved in like Seattle was during the 2nd period and most of the 3rd.

Really like what Maurice did with the bottom six, and it worked. Seattle couldn't handle 94-27-21 at any point during the game. That line is worth keeping together for a few more games to see if it's not a fluke. Also like that second unit power play. Guys who want to shoot the puck, it makes a big difference.

Niko Mikkola is a keeper, IMO. Once again, whoever is in charge of this team's pro scouting needs a raise.

Seattle was pretty lucky this game was even close late in the third period.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Watched the rebroadcast of the game, honestly, they played really well tonight. I'm kind of impressed. I didn't think the first period was as bad as most of you... outside of the goal, they certainly weren't getting caved in like Seattle was during the 2nd period and most of the 3rd.

Really like what Maurice did with the bottom six, and it worked. Seattle couldn't handle 94-27-21 at any point during the game. That line is worth keeping together for a few more games to see if it's not a fluke. Also like that second unit power play. Guys who want to shoot the puck, it makes a big difference.

Niko Mikkola is a keeper, IMO. Once again, whoever is in charge of this team's pro scouting needs a raise.

Seattle was pretty lucky this game was even close late in the third period.

Raise for Mikkola. A pay cut for Kulikov

Reactions: Laus723

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
People have been whining non-stop but if Florida had this difficult schedule and a perfectly healthy team (Ek, Montour, and Bennett), I wouldn't have had them better than 4-3 (split 4 In Minny, Peg, NJD, and Tor), beat Vancouver and San Jose, lose to Seattle. They're missing all those guys and still 4-3, Bob looks good for regular season Bob, biggest complaint is about a 7th dman lol.

Only negative is special teams and it's early. Panthers came back down 3-1 against the best NHL team ever, .500 in October is nothing.

There's a little Finnish in all of us. That's why we always complain. We'd complain if we won the CUP on why did Kulikov give up that turnover in the first period :)

Ot but if you are on twitter do not watch the Adam Johnson video if you want to sleep. Sounds like he has died too...

This is like a invitation to go search it on twitter. *heads to twitter*
edit: oh........

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Only Ekblad is on LTIR. His cap hit is 7,5m and we 6,84m of cap space so just send one guy down and we're all good.

Also Knight or Stolarz has no impact on the cap because Stolarz salary is basically the same as cap relief on Knight in AHL. They probably structured it that way.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
I liked the way we played Toronto. I think we can squeak one out against Boston, even without Benny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad