Confirmed with Link: Panthers Sign Ryan Whitney

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Way better than gilroy
This. Plus now Gilroy doesn't need to play.
I was going to make a thread here asking what everyone thought of him, now I'm mad I didn't lol. Decent low risk signing that keeps Gilroy off the ice. No complaints here.
Not terribly excited by this, but it gives some guys that need to grow in the A the time to do so. And keeps a few guys off the roster that should be.

One thing is sure, I trust Tallon and he knows what he's doing. Kuba wasn't a bad pick up based on his prior year, he just didn't pan out.
All this.
LOL Laus- JovoMcKuba

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
wonder what the knock on brennan is. i really liked him when he was here. i used to like whitney years ago. hope he can rekindle his career here. looking for 2 more additions. i don't remember tallon picking up players through waivers. maybe he doesn't want to ruffle the feathers of other g.m.s unlike the isles and oilers. i don't know?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I think all of these recent additions could come in handy at the TDL.

Whitney, maybe a 4th or 2x 4th's depending how he plays.
Gomez, same as Whitney.
Gilbert, same.
Thomas, depends if there's a bidding war (+ of course how he plays), maybe even as high as a conditional 1st?
Weaver, conditional 3rd?
Goc, 2nd/3rd.
Boyes, 3rd/4th?
Clemmensen, conditional 7th in 2050.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
no movement on thomas no?
According to capgeek, yes.

But I doubt he'd completely rule out a trade if there's a contender (say Fleury gets injured etc.) that really wants and needs him, another (probably his last) shot at the cup. He's very unlikely to receive that chance here.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Depressing that we're already talking about trade-deadline draft pick returns on our players lol.

Panthers607

Is Ryan Whitney the second coming of Kuba?
Posters on Trade Board says he's done as a hockey player.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012

if he was picked up by a major hockey market like toronto he'd be the best signing of the year.

its just that as soon as panthers does it, the player becomes bad

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida

It sounds like he has problems with skating due to some injury issues he has had, but I don't see how this is as disastrous as the trade board is making it out to be -- he is a role player on this team, his contract indicates that, and his likely position on the team indicates that -- if he can make solid outlets and not be a moron in his own end for a majority of the time, I don't see how this is a bad personnel decision, as it buys more time for the young kids, especially our younger dmen, who have proven they aren't ready for the show yet.

HowdyHowden93*

Notice all the Blues fans on the main board and here saying it's a good signing. He supposedly had a strong camp for the Blues.

Grabner had a bad camp was let go then signed by NY then scored 35 goals. Moral of te story? Having a good camp don't mean (mod edit:anything)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Grabner had a bad camp was let go then signed by NY then scored 35 goals. Moral of te story? Having a good camp don't mean ****

As much hatred you have against this team get your facts straight. Grabner was waived and NYI claimed him

Last edited by a moderator:

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
And apparently camps provide zero indication on how a player progressed (or didn't for that matter) during the off-season and we should simply jump straight into the regular season instead. Grabner scoring 35 goals was likely because he felt he got shafted, when in reality he played like crap and got demoted when DeBoer (Maybe it was Dineen, can't remember) was unwilling to simply gift him a spot. The audacity. Grabner never did anything in VAN before that point too, it should be noted -- or else he wouldn't have been traded for Keith Ballard.

HowdyHowden93*

As much hatred you have against this team get your facts straight. Grabner was waived and NYI claimed him

Yeah waiving a guy w offensive upside on a team lacking talent really made sense.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Yeah waiving a guy w offensive upside on a team lacking talent really made sense.

He was waived because Santorelli had a much better camp than he did. Santorelli went onto score 20 goals for us that season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad