Post-Game Talk: Panthers serve up more turnovers than a bakery but use big 2nd to beat Sens 6-3

Is Hawk Finally Freed

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Who says he doesn't have any responsibility? Of course he has more responsibility than anyone else. When he screws up, it is a goal while the other players have the luxury that somebody bails them out from time to time.

Should we be satisfied with his play? No.

Your post implies though that he is the main problem according to you. I highly doubt that any other goalie would look better behind this team
The career ahler has looked miles better than bob this year. And it hasn’t been close.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Hopefully bob doesn’t single handidly lose this game for us like he has so many this season. If we get average goaltending we’ll win this one. Sick of pucks finding a way thru from distance because bob can’t handle traffic. Driedger absolutely destroys bob in this aspect of the game. Didn’t allow a single rebound or deflection or cross ice one timer goal
Last game and bob still found a way to let in 4. Well deserved sub .900 sv%. I wasn’t worried
About him bouncing back but it’s been enough time amd am
Now starting to worry.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Hopefully bob doesn’t single handidly lose this game for us like he has so many this season. If we get average goaltending we’ll win this one. Sick of pucks finding a way thru from distance because bob can’t handle traffic. Driedger absolutely destroys bob in this aspect of the game. Didn’t allow a single rebound or deflection or cross ice one timer goal
Last game and bob still found a way to let in 4. Well deserved sub .900 sv%. I wasn’t worried
Now starting to worry.
Doesn't matter if our soft as butter team scores 1 goal while generating 5 scoring chances like they did vs the Jackets. 1 goal for, pathetic.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019
What helps me all the grid when he used it the wrong Way? When he only plays 50 Games. When i can have player like Tornato, Vatrano, Accari who play with the same effort and maybe a bit more skill, but only half as much Injured. Seriously there is no room or place for Argumentation.
In Pro Sports your are healthy when needed or get Injured in bad Moments. Aslong he doesnt return and make a Goal per Game he is not better then anyone more healthier then him.
Near every one on the 4th Line play with effort and do their Job. So why hang on, on a Injured player who out turn far from what he was able to be, from stupid Injuris (Hand Broken from a fight, till mid term Injury when new Coach appears with new Player).

Bad Timing. But for die Hard Jayce Fans, keep on dreaming.

It seems clear that you haven't been fond of Hawk for a while now. I think the fourth line looked better at the beginning of the year, when it was Hunt + Acciari + Sceviour. With Acciari up on the second line and Hunt sent down, the 4th has a quite low impact on the game IMO. Sure they don't get scored on too much, manage to put a puck in the back of the net from time to time, and don't get too many minutes sitting in the box, but the 4th line of the beginning of the year managed all that AND brought an element of physicality and grit to the game, which the rest of the Panthers core hugely lacks of. Hawk certainly can address some of that issue.

When Hawk played on the third with BBB even this line turned into more than what it is now. Scoring wise, Hawk has 3 points in 8 games, which is better than Sceviour (10P/39G), Toninato (5P/21G) and obsviously Pysyk (5P/30G, and yes I know he has played D, but still lower PPG if you only take his winger games into consideration). Yes 8 games is a pretty small sample size, but I would definitely give Hawk the benefit of doubt, especially considering that if he doesn't score he still brings something to the game that most of the rest of the players don't. When healthy I really see zero point in playing Pysyk over him. At this point Q should give Greco a shot over Pysyk if he really doesn't like Hawk...

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I don't give shit how much money he is making, Bobrovsky needs to be surgically attached to the bench right now. He is among the worst starters in the league. We need to give Drieger a chance to see what he's got.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Now starting to worry.

lmao

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The key to the game is we need to score at least 4 goals to have a chance at getting it to OT or actually winning.

I wish that was a joke.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Doesn't matter if our soft as butter team scores 1 goal while generating 5 scoring chances like they did vs the Jackets. 1 goal for, pathetic.
Ya were the only team that has ever scored just 1 goal. We generated a lot more than clbs did. Somehow our wrist shots didn’t go thru their goalie tho. Bob is the only goalie in the league that has traffic

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I don't give **** how much money he is making, Bobrovsky needs to be surgically attached to the bench right now. He is among the worst starters in the league. We need to give Drieger a chance to see what he's got.
I agree Driedger gives us the best chance to win. Especially since the only chances we give up are point shots and bob can’t handle even the slightest bit of traffic

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

Come on...

We're one of the best teams offensively. But that doesn't mean we'll score 5 goals every night.

You're talking like we've had trouble scoring goals during all season, which is not the case.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Now starting to worry.

Driedger has only played 4 games.

I also liked what I've seen from him so far...but it's still only 4 games.

But I'm with you about Bob. He needs to be a lot better.

"People in front of him" shouldn't be an excuse. This is the NHL and every goalies have to deal with traffic in front of them.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
The key to the game is we need to score at least 4 goals to have a chance at getting it to OT or actually winning.

I wish that was a joke.

Feels like we either win by 1 goal and high scoring game or get blown out

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I'm kind of confused about the worry here.

Haven't Ottawa lost three of their last four games?

And two and a half weeks ago, didn't the Panthers beat them 6-1?

did you just become a Panther fan? Any true longtime fan would know that we're the slump breakers of the league. Any team struggling breaks it with us, we're the league's punching bag. Same thing with a back up, it's safe to start them against us and so on and so on... so many "writing's in the wall for a Panthers loss" scenarios out there it's funny

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Driedger has only played 4 games.

I also liked what I've seen from him so far...but it's still only 4 games.

But I'm with you about Bob. He needs to be a lot better.

"People in front of him" shouldn't be an excuse. This is the NHL and every goalies have to deal with traffic in front of them.

If we're getting technical then Big D was pretty bad December 3rd versus Minnesota. So 25% of the game he's started he has been junk.

did you just become a Panther fan? Any true longtime fan would know that we're the slump breakers of the league. Any team struggling breaks it with us, we're the league's punching bag. Same thing with a back up, it's safe to start them against us and so on and so on... so many "writing's in the wall for a Panthers loss" scenarios out there it's funny

I would think this team is different. Into January and only one point out of a playoff spot.
Ottawa has lost three of their last four, meanwhile the Panthers have won five of their last seven.

If you want to put your money where your mouth is, I'd gladly work out an e-transfer with you. Panthers are winning tonight, I'd put $100 on it. ( only a valid bet though if Bob starts, I don't have faith in Big D.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad