Post-Game Talk: Panthers serve up more turnovers than a bakery but use big 2nd to beat Sens 6-3

Is Hawk Finally Freed

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
:panthers

Capture.png

Capture.png

EXPECTED STARTING GOALIE
3413.jpg

#72 Sergei Bobrovsky
14-11-4 3.29GAA 897SV%

:sens

Xskx5pc.png

aGmiGXq.png

CONFIRMED STARTING GOALIE
1457.jpg

#41 Craig Anderson
6-8-1 2.94GAA .907SV%

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Ottawa has been one of the best home teams in the league this season, with points in 6 straight home game (4-0-2) and points in 11 of 12 since October 27 (9-1-2), their only regulation loss a close 2-1 defeat to Boston. Veteran Craig Anderson gets the starting nod.

Toronto is in Winnipeg, Philly is in Vegas, so there should hopefully be some around the league help. I'm a big advocate in just focusing on wins this early in the season, but I've seen nothing to believe Florida will get over 95 points, meaning they'll need help to make the playoffs.

Win or lose I guarantee Ottawa will outgrind Florida, it would be a perfect game to bring Jayce back. Ottawa competes every night and Florida lost to a 50% AHL roster Tuesday, doubt anyone would be surprised to see it happen again.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Play Hawk!

Trade him away this endless hold on Jayce is a joke. Sorry i cant remember a bottom 6 Player who is more Injured or often then Jayce. Beside that he is always injured in a bad time, the Time he was injured Player like Toninato stepped up in their Game.

I doesnt saw the CBJ Game i was on a New Years Party and came by far late Home to watch the Game. i hope the Sens play with the same effort as Detroit did and as usual Anderson will make up a show fir himself.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Trade him away this endless hold on Jayce is a joke. Sorry i cant remember a bottom 6 Player who is more Injured or often then Jayce. Beside that he is always injured in a bad time, the Time he was injured Player like Toninato stepped up in their Game.

I doesnt saw the CBJ Game i was on a New Years Party and came by far late Home to watch the Game. i hope the Sens play with the same effort as Detroit did and as usual Anderson will make up a show fir himself.

No freaking way. Hawk is the kind of player we need more of, not less of. He's always injured because he actually gives a damn and plays hard.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I've tried to remain optimistic through this team's inconsistency but I'm at the point now where playoffs would be a pleasant surprise. There needs to be a dramatic turnaround for the team to solidify a spot, and I haven't seen any evidence that they're capable of doing it so far.

Bobrovsky's play is probably the most concerning story for me. He cannot stop the puck and is pretty much an automatic 3, 4 or 5 goals allowed every time he plays. This is really, really, really bad for $70 million. If he doesn't get his shit together, this contract will go down as one of the worst ever.

As for the forwards, Trocheck is who I'm worried about the most. His finishing ability seems to have vanished. His shots from high quality areas just go directly into the goalie's logo and even if he's still good at carrying the puck and making some decent plays, his constant turnovers at the opposing blueline kill the team.

Not sure what happened to Vatrano either, he has regressed to a pure 4th liner. Hoffman also regressed this year and is practically a liability 5 on 5.

On defense, we suck. Plain and simple. Horrible turnovers, inefficient breakout passes, you name it. Our success in the second half will have to be in spite of the D. That's where good goaltending comes in, and we haven't had it.

They need a winning streak YESTERDAY to actually do anything this season. Yeah, I'm a little discouraged. Hopefully I eat some crow in a few weeks and they manage to turn it around...

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm kind of confused about the worry here.

Haven't Ottawa lost three of their last four games?

And two and a half weeks ago, didn't the Panthers beat them 6-1?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Ottawa is a great home team and Florida lost to a worse roster 2 days ago? I also think Florida will win but there's a good chance they won't.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
No freaking way. Hawk is the kind of player we need more of, not less of. He's always injured because he actually gives a damn and plays hard.

What helps me all the grid when he used it the wrong Way? When he only plays 50 Games. When i can have player like Tornato, Vatrano, Accari who play with the same effort and maybe a bit more skill, but only half as much Injured. Seriously there is no room or place for Argumentation.
In Pro Sports your are healthy when needed or get Injured in bad Moments. Aslong he doesnt return and make a Goal per Game he is not better then anyone more healthier then him.
Near every one on the 4th Line play with effort and do their Job. So why hang on, on a Injured player who out turn far from what he was able to be, from stupid Injuris (Hand Broken from a fight, till mid term Injury when new Coach appears with new Player).

Bad Timing. But for die Hard Jayce Fans, keep on dreaming.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Oh right, forgot that you can simply buy a championship by signing the best goalie in the league, releaving all other 19 players of any responsibility.
Oh right I forgot that since he's 2xVezina Winner TM, he doesn't need to be an improvement over a geriatric Luongo and Reimer, "releaving" him of any responsibility. Wonderful!
I haven't seen such quality Vezina goaltending since Thomas was here, it's so nice to get that level of goaltending back.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
What helps me all the grid when he used it the wrong Way? When he only plays 50 Games. When i can have player like Tornato, Vatrano, Accari who play with the same effort and maybe a bit more skill, but only half as much Injured. Seriously there is no room or place for Argumentation.
In Pro Sports your are healthy when needed or get Injured in bad Moments. Aslong he doesnt return and make a Goal per Game he is not better then anyone more healthier then him.
Near every one on the 4th Line play with effort and do their Job. So why hang on, on a Injured player who out turn far from what he was able to be, from stupid Injuris (Hand Broken from a fight, till mid term Injury when new Coach appears with new Player).

Bad Timing. But for die Hard Jayce Fans, keep on dreaming.

He plays harder than anyone on the team, even Acciari. That's why he's injured. None of these other pansies want to get their hands dirty. It's not an accomplishment to stay healthy. Yandle has stayed healthy so long because he avoids physical contact. Give me Peter Forsberg anyday.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario

Ottawa has the ability to upset top teams, they’ve done it a few times this season. No win is guaranteed for the Panthers, we literally just witnessed this a few days ago. We’ve been finding ways to lose for a long time, hopefully the dawn of a new decade puts an end to that.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Also the Panthers have won five of their last seven games.

Losses coming again Tampa & Columbus, who was playing their Super Bowl on Tuesday night with the return of Bob and a sold-out crowd.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Oh right I forgot that since he's 2xVezina Winner TM, he doesn't need to be an improvement over a geriatric Luongo and Reimer, "releaving" him of any responsibility. Wonderful!
I haven't seen such quality Vezina goaltending since Thomas was here, it's so nice to get that level of goaltending back.

Who says he doesn't have any responsibility? Of course he has more responsibility than anyone else. When he screws up, it is a goal while the other players have the luxury that somebody bails them out from time to time.

Should we be satisfied with his play? No.

Your post implies though that he is the main problem according to you. I highly doubt that any other goalie would look better behind this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad