Post-Game Talk: Panthers score 4 but still lose 6-4 to Winnipeg.

Who's scoring 1st goal of year for Panthers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Half the league becomes fair game for a bob trade starting next season. Trading him at half retained is still better than buying him out. I find it hard to believe a team wouldn’t commit two years at 5per for him considering what some other goalies are getting on longer commitments. I just wonder if he’ll block out every team that makes sense so we virtually can’t trade him.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Well that was a painful game to watch. The defense was so bad and Bob isn't Good Bob anymore. He's Bad Bob. Beep Bob.

The lack of effort the first two periods is concerning. Shouldn't be happening at this point.

Reactions: violaswallet

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
They got a Gudas sized hole in their lineup and didn’t bring in anyone who could fill that role. Big hits matter.

Offense will be fine in the long run, but Lundell and Bennett injuries are affecting everything.

Barkov/Carter need to produce and lead us through this. Rod is perfect for them. Barkov is falling every time I see him, what’s going on with that?

Matthew Tkachuk has been our most dangerous on offense but it hasn’t resulted in goals yet. I think he’s getting even better. Can see some Barkov in his game.

I know he’s injured, but was fully expecting Lundell to break out this year, and don’t see it happening now.

I still think this team will pull it together quicker than they did last year. I can see a 15 game win streak in them. They need one game to turn this ship around.
this team def does not have a bruser like Gudas. Alot of guys are going to take more runs at our stars. Seems all of the D that were picked up are not physical players.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
They got a Gudas sized hole in their lineup and didn’t bring in anyone who could fill that role. Big hits matter.
this team def does not have a bruser like Gudas. Alot of guys are going to take more runs at our stars. Seems all of the D that were picked up are not physical players.

Couldn't agree more with this. I think the extra element Gudas and to an extent Horny brought to the team will be missed more than people realize. Part of the reason why I wanted to bring in Dumba, not to mention he shoots right and is probably more serviceable than anyone else we have playing RD right now...

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Half the league becomes fair game for a bob trade starting next season. Trading him at half retained is still better than buying him out. I find it hard to believe a team wouldn’t commit two years at 5per for him considering what some other goalies are getting on longer commitments. I just wonder if he’ll block out every team that makes sense so we virtually can’t trade him.
I could see him returning to Columbus. I am not convinced that Elvis can pull it together. Bob's salary is also not as high as that 10 million cap hit. So if Panthers retained 50%, he would be a better choice for many teams than goalies like Campbell.

airbud

Dec 24, 2019
How someone thought , yea this 6’5 muffin on skates could replace the goddamn butcher is beyond me

Attachments

• B42ADAC5-6B3A-4E94-983B-21F194BA40DA.jpeg
    B42ADAC5-6B3A-4E94-983B-21F194BA40DA.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 2

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Losing Gudas does hurt, but it hurts even more when Bennett is not in the lineup. We'd at least need one of the two in the lineup

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I knew we'd miss Gudas. It stinks, but the Bob contract albatross means you're going to have to let guys like that walk, sometimes.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I mean, no way the Panthers could match that Ducks contract in terms of AAV or term. That's a deal I don't think will age well.

It's not even just Bob's terrible deal, it's also the fact the team overpaid Knight too, who is eating 3mil in cap space playing in the AHL.
14mil in cap towards a goalie that is more consistently "cold" and a goalie that well is more potential than developed talent.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I mean, no way the Panthers could match that Ducks contract in terms of AAV or term. That's a deal I don't think will age well.

Agree, he isn't worth that. I think the team missing him is compounded by losing both Ekblad and Montour for the start, I'm not sure we're having this conversation if those two are in the lineup.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
We couldn't do $4Mx3 for Gudas, but we could've done $3Mx4 or $3.5Mx3 which would be competitive with the Anaheim offer. Probably sucks for the last year or so, but the cap will be higher and Bob would be off the books.

Sure Gudas isn't some defensive stalwart and I know intangibles tend to get overvalued, but I think in his case it's actually worth something. He's a scary dude to play against and his attitude was infectious. Plus he would've been a serviceable RD who was familiar with the system.

I'm also a fan of trying to keep the 'middling' identity guys that have really bought in and helped build the culture. Not saying to significant over pay, but to value more than just the individual on ice play, given it's not a crazy over pay (like in Gudas' case, his stats/metrics will never show he's worth $3M). I know not everyone will agree, but I think he'll be missed a lot.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Agree, he isn't worth that. I think the team missing him is compounded by losing both Ekblad and Montour for the start, I'm not sure we're having this conversation if those two are in the lineup.

Probably not. His play will be missed in some regard as he was someone who could hit but not be a liability in the defensive zone.

@FinlandPanther I agree. The Cousins experiment worked well for one round. Ever since then he's been the clear #3 on any top 6 line. He's a bottom 6 guy. Preferably 4th line if they had better depth.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
What's wrong with Lundell? He was a game time decision for game 1 and looks like a ghost out there, not effective at all. Something is bothering him I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad