Post-Game Talk: Panthers score 4 but still lose 6-4 to Winnipeg.

Who's scoring 1st goal of year for Panthers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
How many games do you give Bob until you start to worry again? Selfishly as a BC fan, I want to see Knight back up with the big club sooner rather than later

Reactions: Gentle Man

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
How many games do you give Bob until you start to worry again? Selfishly as a BC fan, I want to see Knight back up with the big club sooner rather than later

I'm a Knight supporter. And if you are a Panther fan, you'd want to see Knight start taking that #1 role

Reactions: iam76

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I didn’t think Bob was very good today. But what wasn’t his fault really was when the Jets player fell and bowled over two of our guys, then gets up and scores cause he’s now uncontested. That’s so Panthers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laus723

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Everybody knows how important it's that the team gets a good start. Now with dmen injuries, road games and other reasons it was probably even harder to win these ones but I'm still extremely disappointed. It's going to be playoff hockey for the whole season again. I cannot take it.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Team played well even with the 4 new Dmen. Helleybuck with more luck than Bob, see the goalpost by MT, and the puck squeezing wide with the Reino chance through the 5-hole while Appleton's SH shot somehow goes through - better killer instinct on the WPG side -. Each of our Dmen mistakes was punished with a goal.

Special teams were very good, execution and sharpness skillwise not there yet, the above-average skill level though is clearly visible.

Thought our 4th line had a very effective game, would also put ERod with the brighter spotlights this game.
Still waiting for Lundell's rising...

Last edited:

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Not that surprised by the results do far. Didn't watch yesterday's game, so not much from me to say. Does suck to see Toronto put up a touchdown against Minny after we laid an egg in the opener. Shows how moral victories will only get us so far.

Reactions: I am not exposed

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I’m always worried about Bob lol. But we were bound to have a rough start with so many key injuries and new players.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
I’m always worried about Bob lol. But we were bound to have a rough start with so many key injuries and new players.
Ya the Panthers are in a rough spot for the first couple of months. I totally understand the idea of starting Knight in the AHL, get him no pressure starting reps and back in the groove down there, then if Bob can’t turn it around in a month, bring him back up. Selfishly, I just hope it’s not an all season thing

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Ya the Panthers are in a rough spot for the first couple of months. I totally understand the idea of starting Knight in the AHL, get him no pressure starting reps and back in the groove down there, then if Bob can’t turn it around in a month, bring him back up. Selfishly, I just hope it’s not an all season thing

If it’s going to be a wasted season, I prefer him to say in the AHL. I don’t want him with the team if it turns into a mess and they can’t play defense.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
My son plays his first hockey game at 5:30, So I won't be watching.
To say I'm excited is the under statement of the year.
To follow up on my son's first ever game:
he was the biggest and fastest kid on the ice. The two years of learn to skate has paid off, in my mind, you can't play hockey if you don't know how to skate.

Only problem was, I think he's a lefty and he had a right-handed stick.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I can give them the benefit of the doubt. New defense, key injuries, few new players in the top 9.

But I fear that things could get ugly pretty fast.

Montour should able to play good hockey when he comes back. On the other hand, I have doubts for Ekblad.

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
I can give them the benefit of the doubt. New defense, key injuries, few new players in the top 9.

But I fear that things could get ugly pretty fast.

Montour should able to play good hockey when he comes back. On the other hand, I have doubts for Ekblad.
Excuses......outside of Bob getting hot PM has provided nothing but crap special teams and undispline play. Anything less than a cup this year needs to have PM fired into the sun. Honestly another couple losses just fire his career loser ass. 26 years without a cup.

Reactions: StrangeVision

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Poor Bob, his reward for putting the team on his back and leading them to the Stanley cup finals last year is nothing but doubt two games into the next regular season.

Because the playoffs were the exception not the norm for his tenure here. He went on a hot run. It was great. But his tenure overall has been mixed to say the best.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
It stinks that we are 0-2 and facing 2 playoff teams in our next games. Possibly an 0-4 start. These points are just as important as the games down the stretch when a point or so could mean missing the playoffs.

Reactions: 16Skippy and scholl

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Some quick thoughts
(1) Pleasantly impressed with ERod today. Good assist man
(2) it’s insane how much we need both Bennett and Tkachuk playing for a net presence
(3) we can tell that every D except for maybe OEL is playing up. We need the big three back
(4) Bob wasn’t great but Jets always kill him
(5) Wish me luck tomorrow: I’m celebrating my thirtieth at the Devils-Panthers game

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
next summer is when we can finally move on from Bob with out getting annihilated by the cap right?
Probably not. 2 years left with 10 mil cap.

Some quick thoughts
(1) Pleasantly impressed with ERod today. Good assist man
(2) it’s insane how much we need both Bennett and Tkachuk playing for a net presence
(3) we can tell that every D except for maybe OEL is playing up. We need the big three back
(4) Bob wasn’t great but Jets always kill him
(5) Wish me luck tomorrow: I’m celebrating my thirtieth at the Devils-Panthers game
Welcome to the club. Don’t get up too fast or your back will give out.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
They got a Gudas sized hole in their lineup and didn’t bring in anyone who could fill that role. Big hits matter.

Offense will be fine in the long run, but Lundell and Bennett injuries are affecting everything.

Barkov/Carter need to produce and lead us through this. Rod is perfect for them. Barkov is falling every time I see him, what’s going on with that?

Matthew Tkachuk has been our most dangerous on offense but it hasn’t resulted in goals yet. I think he’s getting even better. Can see some Barkov in his game.

I know he’s injured, but was fully expecting Lundell to break out this year, and don’t see it happening now.

I still think this team will pull it together quicker than they did last year. I can see a 15 game win streak in them. They need one game to turn this ship around.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
next summer is when we can finally move on from Bob with out getting annihilated by the cap right?
Yes. the buyout really isn't too, too bad and his NMC turns into a modified NMC.

I think we'll buy him out, stomach the $6.5M penalty for a couple years with Knight as the starter ($10M total), then it goes down to $1.6M or something for two years.

Team can't break free from Bob and PoMo soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad