Panthers preventing Barkov's playing for Finland at WC

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
I think if he's not 100% the answer should be crystal clear that he rests and gets to full health. Other than that he should play.. No reason why not

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I think if he's not 100% the answer should be crystal clear that he rests and gets to full health. Other than that he should play.. No reason why not

The fact that he didn't play the last game of the season answers that.

He should be ready for his paying job in September.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
The fact that he didn't play the last game of the season answers that.

He should be ready for his paying job in September.

World Champs starts three weeks from now. It's not as simple as that. Yes Panthers pay his salary, this is not something new among NHL players and still they represent their national team.

These are players who consider representing their national team a huge honor and you cant dismiss that. Rather arrogant to do so.

But like my previous point stated if he's not 100% it would be idiotic to him play in WC. Just that Tallon's remarks let me ponder was there a hidden cause.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
World Champs starts three weeks from now. It's not as simple as that. Yes Panthers pay his salary, this is not something new among NHL players and still they represent their national team.

These are players who consider representing their national team a huge honor and you cant dismiss that. Rather arrogant to do so.

But like my previous point stated if he's not 100% it would be idiotic to him play in WC. Just that Tallon's remarks let me ponder was there a hidden cause.
The Panthers are his boss, they can tell him what they want as long as he is employed by them. They clearly don't care (see making him come back to Florida when his team was playing, causing him to miss Bronze medal game.) If he doesn't like it too bad. That's life.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003

it appears that you are set on him playing and no one, not even the gm can deter you! get over it!!!! he needs to rehab and prepare for next season. your assumptions are lame and selfish!!!!! GIVE IT A BREAK!!!!!

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
it appears that you are set on him playing and no one, not even the gm can deter you! get over it!!!! he needs to rehab and prepare for next season. your assumptions are lame and selfish!!!!! GIVE IT A BREAK!!!!!

Take it easy harv.

But yes, Finland is gonna miss an important player because his employer said no. Why did he say no? Because he injured the same knee twice, imagine what would happen IF he would injure it again? It's smart to play it safe now. Let him rehab fully, he's only 18 years old ffs. His lion career isn't over, he still has a good 20 wc's to play in.
(and no, im not biased. I would love to have him play in the wc, but it's better for his career.)

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Take it easy harv.

But yes, Finland is gonna miss an important player because his employer said no. Why did he say no? Because he injured the same knee twice, imagine what would happen IF he would injure it again? It's smart to play it safe now. Let him rehab fully, he's only 18 years old ffs. His lion career isn't over, he still has a good 20 wc's to play in.
(and no, im not biased. I would love to have him play in the wc, but it's better for his career.)

if u think he'll play 20 wcs... you're clearly not a panthers believer :(

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Take it easy harv.

But yes, Finland is gonna miss an important player because his employer said no. Why did he say no? Because he injured the same knee twice, imagine what would happen IF he would injure it again?

He'd be Saku Koivu.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

the fact is hes injured the same knee twice, the 2nd time "for his national team and an honor"

So yea it would be arrogant for anyone to ask him to make that mistake twice...

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I hope he doesn't go. I could care less how Finland does. I want a healthy Barkov next season

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Dale-Tallon.jpg

Dale is not amused.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'm pretty sure that is Tallon's happy face.
Dale "did I remember to send those qualifying offers" Tallon.

1397608918000-dale-tallon.jpg

Dale "free candy" Tallon.

daletallonDale_Tallon.jpg

Dale "Gillis got fired" Tallon.

dale-tallon.jpg

Dale "FLA wins the lottery" Tallon.

GMDaleTallon.jpg

Dale "30M to spend" Tallon.

Tallon-Presser-051810.jpg

Dale "Lu for Bjugstad, Guds, 1st" Tallon.

dale_tallon_2_ep.jpg

Was I bored, yes.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach

Even if he were 100%, he will just be getting to that point and you already want to put him in high stakes competitive hockey games. He needs time to rehad the knee properly. We are not being arrogant or dismissing that it is an honor to play for one's country... but playing in this tournament when you just recuperate from a knee injury that got hurt twice abot two months ago is not smart. And fans clamoring for him to do it are being "arrogant" themselves, considering the injury circumstances

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Bergenheim, not going to World's?

JOL
Well, he already declined the Olympics for health reasons, I doubt his mind has changed. Can't really blame him when you think of the past two years he's had.

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
Well, he already declined the Olympics for health reasons, I doubt his mind has changed. Can't really blame him when you think of the past two years he's had.
yeah, maybe. His contract also expires? But both reasons, health and expiring contract, didn't stop Olli Jokinen to join finnish team. I wish he would be back in Panthers.

JOL

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Barky's injury must be a lot worse than Gud's and Huby's since they're allegedly "ready to go" for Canada at the WC's.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
yeah, maybe. His contract also expires? But both reasons, health and expiring contract, didn't stop Olli Jokinen to join finnish team. I wish he would be back in Panthers.

JOL

Bergy is signed through 2015, so he is coming back. I don't think he wants to risk it in a contract year, if he plays healthy, he may be in for big $$$$ next off- season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad