Post-Game Talk: Panthers pick up big 1-0 win at huge cost (Barkov leaves in 1st with LBI and doesn't return)

Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 39 73.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Bobrovsky has been great, but I think the real story of why the Panthers are up 3-0 on the Canes is that Florida has two elite forwards and Carolina has none. When you have two players who show up in multiple 'most' and 'best' categories in the NHLPA player's poll, you probably have a really, really good nucleus for your hockey team.

You notice that Barkov and Tkachuk are among the top vote getters in two categories each? Think about that for a second.

You've got two guys recognized by their peers as the very cream of the crop, and they both bring a lunch pail to the rink, commit to defense, go into dirty areas, and put their bodies in front of pucks. And of the six goals the Panthers have scored in this series, those two have four of them.

The cream rises to the top.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Bobrovsky has been great, but I think the real story of why the Panthers are up 3-0 on the Canes is that Florida has two elite forwards and Carolina has none. When you have two players who show up in multiple 'most' and 'best' categories in the NHLPA player's poll, you probably have a really, really good nucleus for your hockey team.

Before the series, I was confident and didn't see how the Canes would beat us. As good as they are defensively, I thought their lack of top end talent was going to be a big problem for them and this is exactly what's happening. Not having to worry much about their offense also help us to play very good defensively.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

avengers-captain-america.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad