Post-Game Talk: Panthers pick up big 1-0 win at huge cost (Barkov leaves in 1st with LBI and doesn't return)

Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 39 73.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Wouldn't the finals have been better (potentially) or are you flying down for both. I am going to try and make game 4 (and maybe 3 and 6 depending on how the series looks lol)

Yup, I’ll probably be back for the finals, assuming games 3 and 4 are the 8th and 10th.

I wasn’t 100% sure I’d be able to make them based on some other stuff I’ve got going on the week before and after, so wanted to make sure I got to at least a game of some importance lol.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Landed in FL, only to see the Heat lost. Ugh lol.

Awful picture of FLA Live:

View attachment 712057
It's weird that the arena is still without a naming partner. Florida Panthers has been successful in past two seasons (last year regular season, this year playoffs) and still the arena is without a partner. In Miami they were able to find a new partner very quickly after the FTX collapse. Of course Sunrise isn't Miami and NHL isn't NBA but still... Maybe they got greedy and set the asking price too high because recently deals have been more expensive than traditionally ridiculously cheap North American arena naming prices.

I suggest that it should become Nokia Arena like that arena in Tampere where Barkov's home team plays.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
The team did a great job clogging up the middle of the ice in our zone after Barky left the game. I still think it was quite visible though how imporant he is for us on the defensive side of the game. CAR had a lot of zone time and we had trouble breaking up their cycle - even if CAR did not create many high danger chances. This style of play will not hold over 60 minutes. It's very important Barky plays. Reinhart did a good job though in his stead

Reactions: Beezers Mask

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
It's weird that the arena is still without a naming partner. Florida Panthers has been successful in past two seasons (last year regular season, this year playoffs) and still the arena is without a partner. In Miami they were able to find a new partner very quickly after the FTX collapse. Of course Sunrise isn't Miami and NHL isn't NBA but still... Maybe they got greedy and set the asking price too high because recently deals have been more expensive than traditionally ridiculously cheap North American arena naming prices.

I suggest that it should become Nokia Arena like that arena in Tampere where Barkov's home team plays.

Apparently they will have a name for the arena prior to the start of next season.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Man, was on and off watching the game last night but dang, seeing some recaps both the fans and players were over the edge.

Seemed like the players just wanted to hit Vegas with or without the puck

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Would never have dreamed the opportunity would ever come.
I already switched on call shifts to accommodate my birthday with family just last week so extremely doubtful someone gonna take 2 weeks of on call as warm weather is finally showing up.
Tell them you’ll bring them a very nice t shirt as a thank you gift ;)

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The license plate of the car in front of me is XIX. It’s an omen.

Now I’m looking for XVI, LXXII, and SWEEP.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
:laugh: no pest control business.

I work in the water department so can't just say, hey 75k people, eat shit if there's a main break or dirty water.

Then run a side business as well on weekends.

But yes you can come cover my shifts please and thank you, Roger that, cheers
But, they are all huge hockey fans....surely they would understand you having your priorities in order

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Their roster is very stacked, not as many high end players but insane depth.

Stone, Pietro, and Eichel are their high end players.

Next tier of Marchessault, Karlsson, Barbashev, and Martinez are very good supporting cast.

They do have insane depth. Goaltending could be their Achilles heel, although Adin Hill has looked solid.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
lmao

Domi cross-checks Hague into the boards and then starts punching him. Hague doesn't retaliate at all, just starts laughing while looking bewildered at it.

Hague gets a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. Give me a break, lol

Prefer Smith > Domi winning the cup.

Dallas has Dads and Pavelski, which imo makes up for Suter, and they already have a Cup. Would rather have had them than spoiled Vegas. Can't stand Smith and they're a team that hasn't won a Cup, with a chance to win one within their 1st 6 seasons. Gotta finish the job.

What do you have against Suter? That's weird. If you had said Domi or Benn that would have made more sense.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
But, they are all huge hockey fans....surely they would understand you having your priorities in order

Lol we're a small crew of 7 guys in my department.

One is a casual Leafs fan, other is a Habs fan.
One loves NFL and the rest are fishing/hunting types.

Moved from big city last year with tons of employees who love sports to smaller town that's more cottage/outdoorsy vibes.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I gotta give it to HockeyVirus. After the Panthers literally threw his franchise into complete disarray and embarrassed them in the playoffs, he still has audacity to talk shit about our team and players. Dedication boys. We all should strive for that

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I can’t prove it but I daily watch a slew of youtube podcasts from all kinds of hockey related themes. The Florida Panthers have become the darlings of the hockey world. A combination of being underdogs that have defied the odds and having visible stars like Chucky and Bob. I savor these moments and feel like we are an unstoppable force and are blessed to be 3-0 quite a good cushion. Let’s get this tonight we need some rest. I am exhausted but very happy.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO PANTHERS !

Reactions: Beezers Mask
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad