Pre-Game Talk: Panthers open up season vs Blackhawks January 17

Will you be attending this or any Panthers games this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Who do you think will be Floridas taxi team?

quoting for here so it's more relevant but it's washed up vets who will clear waivers or younger guys you aren't worried about rotting in the pressbox. Minimum of 4 guys, max of 6.

I'll say Scott Wilson, Connaughton, Monty (carrying a 3rd goalie on the taxi squad is mandatory), and Stillman or Keeper? Maybe Borgstrom, not sure.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Fwiw, saarela got injured in his team’s first game back since their covid break on 12/28. Not sure the extent of it.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I mean it's a great year to tank, problem is the division is too bad. It's actually pretty unique, the 2 Cup finalists from last year and the likely 31st and 30th teams, odd blend.
I'm not sure it's a great year to tank, at least not regarding the draft. The draft will be even more of a crapshot, no in-person interview, OHL season?, incomparable season, etc.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Hot Canadian Talk Radio Take: Florida Panthers only lead the league in attendance when we don’t want attendance! Relocate to Quebec!

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
No way it's just going to be contained to 8 members of Dallas staff only. I saw how that worked with the Marlins and Cardinals during the past MLB season

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Pretty bullshit if we have to wait until Sunday to play meanwhile all other teams get to work out their kinks before facing us.

What a f***ing gong show this is shaping up to be.

Reactions: featherhawk

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Of course, our games get ppd. Fml.

Dallas is the ultimate jinx. 3 games in a row ppd

I was thinking the exact same thing. Almost eerie that they open the season in Dallas, it's postponed, and in March last year the regular season was ultimately canceled when they were in Dallas. Deja vu. :squint:

Pretty bullshit if we have to wait until Sunday to play meanwhile all other teams get to work out their kinks before facing us.

What a f***ing gong show this is shaping up to be.

I'm going into this season just like I went into the past hockey playoffs, the baseball season, and the football season. I don't think this season will happen, so not sure I want to watch. I'll still follow along, but I'm not paying the big bucks to watch their games.
:sueme:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
There’s gonna be a lot of postponed games. I’m not really counting this season, or last, as ones where the cup is “real”.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

XDkac5I.png

Darling laughs all the way to the bank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad