GDT: Panthers @ Oilers - 2/12/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Empty net hatter is only half the victory though.

I can't actually remember the last time we had an empty net hatter, 2010-11 or from before that maybe? Kopecky, Sceviour & Vrbata scored all three with goalies on.

Oh be nice to Vinny!

But honestly.

Brad Boyes
Tomas Kopecky
Colton Sceviour
Radim Vrbata
Vincent Trocheck...

I'm a tad tipsy so my memory is foggy but there's at least 2-4 more No?

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Your dislike of Trocheck is too cute.
I don't genuinely rate scoring the third goal into an open net, regardless of the player (even Barkov). It's a hatty on paper, but meh.

Oh be nice to Vinny!

But honestly.

Brad Boyes
Colton Sceviour
Radim Vrbata....

I'm a tad tipsy so my memory is foggy but there's at least 2-4 more No?
Boyes never scored a hatty as a Panther from what I remember. Upshall came close, but one of the goals was given to someone else during the intermission or something.

Kopecky scored during the lockout (or the season after that?) and then Sceviour might've been the next one.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I don't genuinely rate scoring the third goal into an open net, regardless of the player (even Barkov). It's a hatty on paper, but meh.
Haha. It’s three goals. Barkov has a shorty in an empty net, which, ultimately, I rate as a goal and a timely goal.

And if Vinnie would have gotten that less than a goal two years ago, this team might be in an entirely different place.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Who cares if the Hattrick was on EN, i saw to many Games players passed the puck so much, that the on eplayer get his Hattrick in that Night and in 10 Years when we remember no body cares it was on empty Net.

But what an up and down Game, a typcial Oilers game we dont play D offensiv play First. But a nice Game to watch, 2 PS, a lot of Goals, 3 PP Goals, 0 Penaltys against us.
What else can you await from a Game. Maybe a Fight for the complete Entertaiment Package.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Haha. It’s three goals. Barkov has a shorty in an empty net, which, ultimately, I rate as a goal and a timely goal.
A hatty is meant to be this special and hard to achieve feat, so I just find it less impressive to have the third goal be an empty netter.

Again, if Barkov ever happens to score one in the same way (which is bound to happen eventually), I'll react the same way. Empty netter makes it less impressive, that's all.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Isn't Matheson already Soupy 2.0 though? Feel we need a young Mitchell 2.0?

Matheson is for me more the Campell Type Player. A Puck carring Defensman, that was his projection in the Draft and that is why the Panthers took him. His passing play in the offensiveZone could be better and his defensive play. But at the rest he comes near Campbell play.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
A hatty is meant to be this special and hard to achieve feat, so I just find it less impressive to have the third goal be an empty netter.

Again, if Barkov ever happens to score one in the same way (which is bound to happen eventually), I'll react the same way. Empty netter makes it less impressive, that's all.
I don’t think the line between impressive and lucky is that clear. Nobody gets a hatter while being hooked and double teamed constantly.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ekbl.....j/k.......:rolleyes:

We need Maury Povich up in here....figure out who Matheson and Ekblads real fathers are

Matheson is for me more the Campell Type Player. A Puck carring Defensman, that was his projection in the Draft and that is why the Panthers took him. His passing play in the offensiveZone could be better and his defensive play. But at the rest he comes near Campbell play.

Like father, like son!

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Isn't Matheson already Soupy 2.0 though? Feel we need a young Mitchell 2.0?

He needs a sitter. Pysyk has had better games lately, but in general he's been over matched with MM. 3 even strength goals against that pairing tonight, and 8 high danger chances against with them on. He had a brutal turnover leading to a goal, lost his man on the tip-in, and fell down leading to the Shep goal.

I like putting players in a position to succeed. Pysyk hasn't been able to find success with increased minutes. Getting a top 4 dman puts him in his low minutes and easy match ups scenario he excelled in.

I'll throw a name out: Jack Johnson?

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
He needs a sitter. Pysyk has had better games lately, but in general he's been over matched with MM. 3 even strength goals against that pairing tonight, and 8 high danger chances against with them on. He had a brutal turnover leading to a goal, lost his man on the tip-in, and fell down leading to the Shep goal.

I like putting players in a position to succeed. Pysyk hasn't been able to find success with increased minutes. Getting a top 4 dman puts him in his low minutes and easy match ups scenario he excelled in.

I'll throw a name out: Jack Johnson?

Said that name in exchange for Petro +

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad