GDT: Panthers @ Oilers - 2/12/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
very similar teams. 3 forwards that carry the entire load and nothing else on offense. i mean look at that, strome, lucic, cammalleri, maroon.

not impossible that we could sneak into a playoff spot, we have a lot of games in hand on all the teams in front of us. i just dont expect to go on a run. its nice that the d is settling in, our big-3 on offense are having premiere years, bring that into next season and hope we land a top-3 pick. most likely staying within that bottom-8 group.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
It's actually amazing that the Oilers have McDavid and are this bad. Best player in the game and a bottom 3 team. Real shame they had that fluky playoff appearance last year so we're tied for the longest playoff drought.

very similar teams. 3 forwards that carry the entire load and nothing else on offense. i mean look at that, strome, lucic, cammalleri, maroon.

not impossible that we could sneak into a playoff spot, we have a lot of games in hand on all the teams in front of us. i just dont expect to go on a run. its nice that the d is settling in, our big-3 on offense are having premiere years, bring that into next season and hope we land a top-3 pick. most likely staying within that bottom-8 group.

Florida's schedule is death, but their team is too good to fall into the top 3. Florida winning the lottery with low odds? What are we, the Oilers?

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Wasn't Talbot a Tallon trade target at the 2015 draft? Figures. Another hero to zero acquisition that we would have been stuck with. Instead we get his brother from another mother in Reimer for 5 years in lieu of 3. Think he'll get us past the 1st round if we ever get in the playoffs before his contract expires in 2021? Yeah, I didn't think so.:laugh:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
It's actually amazing that the Oilers have McDavid and are this bad. Best player in the game and a bottom 3 team. Real shame they had that fluky playoff appearance last year so we're tied for the longest playoff drought.

Florida's schedule is death, but their team is too good to fall into the top 3. Florida winning the lottery with low odds? What are we, the Oilers?
well, who knows with this new lottery. the #5, 7, and 11 teams ended up with the top-3 picks last year (i think?). just saying id rather stay in the bottom-8 than go on some possible run where we may end up coming short anyways, or, get blasted by tampa in the first round.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
well, who knows with this new lottery. the #5, 7, and 11 teams ended up with the top-3 picks last year (i think?). just saying id rather stay in the bottom-8 than go on some possible run where we may end up coming short anyways, or, get blasted by tampa in the first round.
Fair but tbh I wasn't even considering the lottery odds. You're a Panthers fan, you know they'd never have the luck to end up in the top 3 after the lottery :laugh:

Wasn't Talbot a Tallon trade target at the 2015 draft? Figures. Another hero to zero acquisition that we would have been stuck with. Instead we get his brother from another mother in Reimer for 5 years in lieu of 3. Think he'll get us past the 1st round if we ever get in the playoffs before his contract expires in 2021? Yeah, I didn't think so.:laugh:

Reimer was a Joyce signing...

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Fair but tbh I wasn't even considering the lottery odds. You're a Panthers fan, you know they'd never have the luck to end up in the top 3 after the lottery :laugh:
im really holding out hope the panthers have an odd thing where they only win lotteries where defenseman go #1 :laugh: actually, my long running premonition has been svechnikov, so, anywhere in the top-3 works :)

could still walk away with wahlstrom regardless in that 7-10 range, which wouldnt be bad. but, if not a top-3 id rather trade the pick

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
God save this forum if Ekblad and Bjugstad are on the ice when it happens.

God save Boughner if he assigns Ekblad/Yandle to McDavid's line. Matheson should be on the ice every time McDavid is.

I realize Matheson has gotten walked a couple times this season, but he's the only guy on our team that can skate anywhere remotely close to McDavid's level.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
God save Boughner if he assigns Ekblad/Yandle to McDavid's line. Matheson should be on the ice every time McDavid is.

I realize Matheson has gotten walked a couple times this season, but he's the only guy on our team that can skate anywhere remotely close to McDavid's level.

I also hope Boughner has mercy on Ekblad. Ek actually looks to somewhat and I mean very slightly improvf his skating in season from where it was but he will get sizzled alive if he’s on the ice on every McDavid shift. MM should be out there because he has the only chance to even remotely keep up with the guy at top speed. That will be interesting to watch.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I also hope Boughner has mercy on Ekblad. Ek actually looks to somewhat and I mean very slightly improvf his skating in season from where it was

I feel like it's been a little better the past month. Vincent should help with that.

I know Vincent is a legend so he was hard to replace but who was the instructor in the time he was gone?

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
[QUOTE="ucanthanzalthetruth, post: 141393213, member: 203045"

Reimer was a Joyce signing...[/QUOTE]He was a default signing. We have to overpay for anything that halfway decent in UFA..........except Sceviour.:sarcasm:

Breaking Dadonov

Jan 25, 2018
The Oilers may be the one team with less depth than we have. 3-2 Panthers. Malgin with the game winner. McDavid walks around Ekblad three times, but Reimer bails him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->