TSN: Panthers looking to add on the wing before deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
It's a bit too late imo. http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

At least Perreault would not be a rental.

we're only 3pt behind toronto and 4 behind boston with a game in hand. we play toronto twice still and boston one more time. and we still have 21 games left in general, which is a quarter of the season. its not too late. but they need to really beat carolina on tuesday. if they lose that and the other teams collect points, then it'll start getting deeper.

I'm for trading for sharp if the price is decent. i don't expect it to be much. either way if theyre going to add something hopefully they do it by tomorrow so we have that piece coming into tuesdays game.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Averaged 2 GPG in this home stretch.

Not going to win many games with that average.

If we are going to add, and want to have a do or die mentality for the playoffs, make a trade now.
Even when we traded for Jagr it was a long shot to make the playoffs, but it has paid off even more than the production he gave us so far, in terms of development for the young guys.

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
Sickening that we haven't done anything yet. I bet DT is waiting until after the game tomorrow to pull the trigger. If we lose to Carolina, seasons over.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^Couple of possible chronic problems raised their ugly heads last night. Tro has some kind of shoulder problem that is weighing on his mind and was targeted by Hoffman. Barkov was going down on one knee for draws and March stepped in later in the game and took a few for him. Doesn't take much to flare up a lower back injury, so the trainers likely will be working overtime to keep him from the spasming that leads to sciatica.

Things to keep an eye on tomorrow as without those two guys at 100%, the team has no shot. :)

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
With all the talk on here about selling low on Bjugstad and wanting a #1 winger to replace Jagr down the line, why shouldn't we try Bjugstad at RW with Huby and Barkov first to see if we can kill 2 birds with one stone? He would light it up with those two feeding him the puck... Then find a 3C plug or stick Malgin back there.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
With all the talk on here about selling low on Bjugstad and wanting a #1 winger to replace Jagr down the line, why shouldn't we try Bjugstad at RW with Huby and Barkov first to see if we can kill 2 birds with one stone? He would light it up with those two feeding him the puck... Then find a 3C plug or stick Malgin back there.

because he is a play killer and doesn't have the hockey iq to play with Huberdeau and Barkov. He's also an awful passer. They'll probably try it eventually if we can't get a better option though. Might as well

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
because he is a play killer and doesn't have the hockey iq to play with Huberdeau and Barkov. He's also an awful passer. They'll probably try it eventually if we can't get a better option though. Might as well

Agreed. They could try it but I just don't see it happening. And if he somehow finds himself on the 1st line, I just feel he'll suffocate the play. Better that he'll try to elevate his game on the 3rd line and that we can trade him, even at a discount.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I lol at the proposals including Bjugstad for Landeskog.

Same guy most posters bash is now a key cog in getting Landeskog.

That team needs defense and quality depth, not an one dimensional center who has issues staying healthy/logging quality minutes.
A first in a weak draft as well, c'mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad