TSN: Panthers looking to add on the wing before deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything is fine

Apr 3, 2016
Nice to hear something.

Looking at the list Sharp is a player I'd want. Don't see Vanek fitting too well, same goes for Iginla.

But for a rental I wouldn't give up a 1st. This team isn't that good.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Nice to hear something.

Looking at the list Sharp is a player I'd want. Don't see Vanek fitting too well, same goes for Iginla.

Yeah, it's too risky to trade a rental for a first. I'd see what we could do at the draft for Bjugstad + 1st round pick since it seems like they may not be too high on BJugstad.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Nice to hear something.

Looking at what Eaves got, I doubt Sharp would cost a 1st.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Sharp was a guy I thought we go after when he was being shopped from the Blawkhawks.

Wouldn't mind him.

Everything is fine

Apr 3, 2016
Yeah, it's too risky to trade a rental for a first. I'd see what we could do at the draft for Bjugstad + 1st round pick since it seems like they may not be too high on BJugstad.

I'd look into moving Bjugstad to get Barkov a new right winger. In another trade to give cap space or in a straight trade for a winger like that.
Though I doubt Bjugstad + 1st has that kind of value.

Looking at what Eaves got, I doubt Sharp would cost a 1st.

With Sharp in the top9 they'd have a chance to take the Atlantic.

Sportsnet 590 today has a tdl show and mentioned how good a fit Iginla would be on the Panthers.

So a slow team?

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Give me Iginla if we had a time machine.

Would not be a fan at all, unless we gave a 7th in return

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Great! A winger will really help our awful defense

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Not sure what the price would be, but Landeskog is so tempting.
Just watched the 3rd of the Buffalo-Colorado game, and he is everything you'd want in a player.

Swede93

Sep 14, 2009
Not sure what the price would be, but Landeskog is so tempting.
Just watched the 3rd of the Buffalo-Colorado game, and he is everything you'd want in a player.

Demers/petro/psyk + hawryluk + 1st? I know prospect pool isn't that deep, but landeskog brings the type of grit we are hoping from hawryluk. Would that get it done? Then trade for brendan smith to shore up defense and keep kindl away from the team

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Demers/petro/psyk + hawryluk + 1st? I know prospect pool isn't that deep, but landeskog brings the type of grit we are hoping from hawryluk. Would that get it done? Then trade for brendan smith to shore up defense and keep kindl away from the team

glad your not the gm. imo that trade is super lopsided toward the avs. fill one spot and open up 3.

Everything is fine

Apr 3, 2016

It would start with Matheson.

Reading these trade rumours make me want to see a Florida trade. Exciting days.

Sounding like Hanzal goes to Pittsburgh, Nashville or Minnesota per Lavoie.
Get Sharp while you can.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Wonder if the Av's would consider something with Bjugs going back the other way as a centerpiece? :dunno:

They're really hurting for D, so I'd assume it start there.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I don't want nick traded cause I know how good he can be if used anywhere near properly and with consistent health and decent linemates and position.. but if they r just gonna **** him around like this and totally negate his strengths while not giving him a fair shake to utilize his talents they may as well trade him.. then they can use the new piece to overplay and gift wrap opportunities to like they have with everyone else so they can say see look how smart we r.. meanwhile we get our ***** kicked every other night while they pump their trades and brag about all the improvements they made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad