Rumor: Panthers "kick tires" on re-acquiring Gudbranson

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Well sure, you didn't. But you still felt the need to bring up his contract and the lack of points (hidden message ;) ) into your reply to me regardless.

Well I'm not sure what your point was. He plays better defense than before....ok? That's great but they're not really paying him 4 mil to play great defense.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Well I'm not sure what your point was. He plays better defense than before....ok? That's great but they're not really paying him 4 mil to play great defense.

I didn't say they were, but it has always been a negative in his play. It's never a bad thing to see a player actually getting better in his weak areas. Flapanthersfan said he was terrible defensivly, I simply disagree with that completely and replied to that specific point.

Never have I said I don't want to see more goals/points from Bjugstad. I just don't agree with some of you that he is bad in his own zone or isn't noticed on ice, cause I think his work rate is also much improved this season.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Checking in on Girardi...makes me wonder what some of you guys would be thinking of Guds if he has been playing for a contender like TB or CHI this whole time. Everything bad that Rangers fans said of Girardi some here are saying of Guds. Anytime the rest of the team looked to be doing their job, Girardi was paramount in helping Hank. Same thing could def. be said of Guds when the team was clicking here. Not that I expect anyone to admit it.

Holy shit, look what playing for the Blackhawks did for Rozsival(my least fav NYR dman like ever). Turns out with some competence beside him, he wasn't such a hindrance to his goalie...

Players cast aside as useless and disappointments and busts and (etc.) often come alive with some chemistry next to em, enabling them to play their game/role and reminding us all of how they even came close to the big leagues in the first place...

Reactions: Depch

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Checking in on Girardi...makes me wonder what some of you guys would be thinking of Guds if he has been playing for a contender like TB or CHI this whole time. Everything bad that Rangers fans said of Girardi some here are saying of Guds. Anytime the rest of the team looked to be doing their job, Girardi was paramount in helping Hank. Same thing could def. be said of Guds when the team was clicking here. Not that I expect anyone to admit it.

Holy ****, look what playing for the Blackhawks did for Rozsival(my least fav NYR dman like ever). Turns out with some competence beside him, he wasn't such a hindrance to his goalie...

Players cast aside as useless and disappointments and busts and (etc.) often come alive with some chemistry next to em, enabling them to play their game/role and reminding us all of how they even came close to the big leagues in the first place...
This is an excellent post. Well said. I’m not a super Guddy supporter but I liked him while he was here for sure.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
How about that play by Guddy on the 2-1 Wild goal yesterday. Puck rimmed around the boards, he cuts it off, falls asleep, has it stolen from
his stick and the Wild set up a one-timer goal :laugh:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
How about that play by Guddy on the 2-1 Wild goal yesterday. Puck rimmed around the boards, he cuts it off, falls asleep, has it stolen from
his stick and the Wild set up a one-timer goal :laugh:

But he was so mean looking and intimidating when he did that sequence. At least $5mil for 5 years, no question.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Holy ****, look what playing for the Blackhawks did for Rozsival(my least fav NYR dman like ever). Turns out with some competence beside him, he wasn't such a hindrance to his goalie...

Girardi was actually good. He was a very good stay at home d-man who played well, blocked a million shots, and he was being asked to do a lot while playing through injuries so his play naturally declined. Girardi is much better positionally and has a high defensive iq. I wanted us to sign him and many laughed at the idea.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Since there hasn't been any further developments on this front after the original rumour and that this thread has become more about poking fun at Gudbranson's daily activities, than discussing the potential trade, let's leave it here.

We'll re-open this if something new comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad