Rumor: Panthers "kick tires" on re-acquiring Gudbranson

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Yes.

Do you actually think that Grimaldi and Brennan making an AHL all star game somehow proves that you weren't hilariously wrong?
What exactly was I wrong about? Them not getting a fair shake and being good enough to get a better chance?

I'm willing to bet whatever the hell you couldn't explain to me how that isn't proof that they aren't good players.

Actually, them making an all star game proves exactly that, and I'm willing to bet just about anything that you couldn't refute that with anything other than a poor attempt at a personal shot.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
What exactly was I wrong about? Them not getting a fair shake and being good enough to get a better chance?

Yeah, you don't need very many games to determine they are not NHL players. Both are top AHL players and that's it.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Yeah, you don't need very many games to determine they are not NHL players. Both are top AHL players and that's it.
Cuz that's where they were assigned. If they were given as much of a chance as 70% of any other Panthers roster player of the last 5 years (yes, including Guds)...

Brennan was one of the only bright spots as well as the sole source of offensive creativity of the team when he was here.

Rocco was exciting to watch every time he stepped on the ice, if you'd like to go back and watch any of the games he was in, and even how the commentators reacted to him.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Cuz that's where they were assigned. If they were given as much of a chance as 70% of any other Panthers roster player of the last 5 years (yes, including Guds)...

Brennan was one of the only bright spots as well as the sole source of offensive creativity of the team when he was here.

Rocco was exciting to watch every time he stepped on the ice, if you'd like to go back and watch any of the games he was in, and even how the commentators reacted to him.

Yeah, Rocco skates down the wing with all this speed, crosses the blue line........ and loses the puck. Skilled, but not skilled enough to overcome the fact that he's 5'6". If you're that small, you have to do something or several things very very well to stick. He had chances with Duchene in Colorado I believe. Guess they don't like him either.

Brennan is racking up tons of points in the AHL. I assure if you any of the 3, 4, 5 teams he's been with thought he was good enough for the NHL (and yes, he's been called up many times) he would've stuck.

You typically don't stay in the AHL forever if you're good enough for the NHL. You can admit they're not good enough for the NHL, no one is going to think differently of you lol

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
If we are kicking the tires on a Canucks defenseman, rather go after Hutton.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Tanev for me.

Pysyk plus a pick, or Petro/McCoshen plus pick maybe. I am talking the ARI 2nd. They get a pick back from us on the Guds deal and get a Dman in exchange for Tanev.

I can dream right?

Good fit in our top 4 IMO.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Tanev for me.

Pysyk plus a pick, or Petro plus pick maybe. They get a pick back from us on the Guds deal and get a BC born Dman in exchange for Tanev.

I can dream right?

Good fit in our top 4 IMO.

Oh I would like Tanev too, and if we could get him for those prices I would revise my answer lol.
Still thought they, fans anyways, wanted quite a bit for him.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Oh I would like Tanev too, and if we could get him for those prices I would revise my answer lol.
Still thought they, fans anyways, wanted quite a bit for him.
I know but if they thought Guds was a top 4, so in this case they get another top 4 guy, lol, and basically a late 1st rounder might get Dim Jim interested.

Doubtful I know. Tough to fleece back to back.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Tough to fleece back to back.

Benning is trying not to seem desperate, which he is after getting schooled by Tallon and the number crunchers. The next trade the Cats make with the Nuckles is going to be a bad one if Benning is at the helm. And actually, I'm more interested about McCoshen than Tanev, just focus on draft&develop than draft&trade.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I know but if they thought Guds was a top 4, so in this case they get another top 4 guy, lol, and basically a late 1st rounder might get Dim Jim interested.

Doubtful I know. Tough to fleece back to back.

Would be going for the 4-peat with the Canucks lol

Ballard for picks and Grabner
Booth and Reinprecht for 2 expiring contracts who actually played well that 11 "run".
Gudbranson for McCann and a 2nd.

While the picks could of been better, getting rid of those contracts(Ballard and Booth) was an automatic win for us. Especially since neither player quite lived up to their deals for various reasons.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL

I'm willing to bet whatever the hell you couldn't explain to me how that isn't proof that they aren't good players.

Actually, them making an all star game proves exactly that, and I'm willing to bet just about anything that you couldn't refute that with anything other than a poor attempt at a personal shot.

opportunities aren't given, they are earned.

Brennan has been with what, 5 different organizations and they all have concluded the same thing. he's not an NHL caliber player.

but you know something that these teams don't, right? you know more than Lou Lamoriello and whoever is running the Flyers?

absolutely laughable that you're still trying to hang on to this. have some dignity and just admit when you're wrong.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

That very last sentence tho LMAO

Hard to admit to being wrong when I can justify why I'm not.

Am I really so hilariously laughably wrong to think two guys on the AHL all star roster could be an asset to an NHL team? Cuz that's what there is for me to be right or wrong about. Still have yet to see one good piece of reasoning why that is or isn't dignified other than teams have passed on them and one of them is small....because after all, small players never made it and professional GMs and coaches never make mistakes about players? ...and I'm the one lacking dignity???

I mean, really, am I the one lacking dignity when I didn't try to use "Colorado" "Matt Duchene" and "Fair shot" in the same sentence? Am I the one lacking dignity for presuming Lou only sends players on their way because of their skillset?

Hey- while Rocco was losing the puck after skating in with speed...what were his teammates doing? You tunnelvisioned folks have no idea what I'm even saying and never do as recently proven evident when you overlooked the point of the clip of Guds getting burned by his partners guy. Rocco wouldn't be the first of his size, nor does he show he lacks capability to match thi

To be fair there's two ways to look at it:
1) I could look at it with dignity (like you guys) and see a player carry the puck over the line and lose it. His fault, he's a bum. End of thought.
OR
2) I could look at it with no dignity (as I do) and see a player taking the puck up with some speed, looking to create some offense...his line mates not having picked up on how the play is developing just stand pat waiting for him to take on the two defensemen by himself with nobody to pass to.

I don't know, f*** it, you guys win. I'm wrong, I have no dignity. AHL all stars suck. What can I do.

...and Batting, having disagreements about hockey shouldn't sway any of us to think negatively personally about each other. At the end of the day I'd hope everyone would buy the guy they argue with most a beer if they needed one, yknow??

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaos2k7

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Would be going for the 4-peat with the Canucks lol

Ballard for picks and Grabner
Booth and Reinprecht for 2 expiring contracts who actually played well that 11 "run".
Gudbranson for McCann and a 2nd.

While the picks could of been better, getting rid of those contracts(Ballard and Booth) was an automatic win for us. Especially since neither player quite lived up to their deals for various reasons.
Speaking of Ballard, the same things people complained about him in his final months here sounded like what Batting said about Rocco. I had the same arguement for Ballard as I do for Rocco above. I'll add Versteeg while I'm at it.

Sad thing is Booth and Ballard at their peak were worth the price of admission to the BAC. Getting rid of them when we did was surely what was best for the team as much as I hate to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad