Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
This pic never gets old.

aNjG25u.jpg

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Idk why... But this smells like an end of trip letdown. Hope not, but I'm thinking 1-0 Jets type of boring game.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Idk why... But this smells like an end of trip letdown. Hope not, but I'm thinking 1-0 Jets type of boring game.

Last season, we kicked their a in our barn, then they kicked our a in their barn. Home ice is huge between the two teams. I'd like to think that we're on a roll, but that Calgary game could've gone either way, so I'm not sure what to think. I hope Barkov's return helps us minimize the Jets' offense.

Last edited:

Erick*

Last season, we kicked their a in our barn, then they kicked our a in their barn. Home ice is huge between the two teams. I'd like to think that we're on a roll, but that Calgary game could've gone either way, so I'm not sure what to think. I hope Barkov's return helps us minimize the Jets' offense.

When we played in Winnipeg last season, Markstrom started in net. You're always going to get blown out when your goalie is playing for the other team.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
When we played in Winnipeg last season, Markstrom started in net. You're always going to get blown out when your goalie is playing for the other team.

i'll never forget that game.. it was really hard to watch :shakehead

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

You hate Markstrom. We all get it. last year you hated kulikov and kopy too. Its fine.

You started an anti Markstrom thread on the national board yesterday.

Do you want his home address so you can egg the 24yo's house?

WE made a great trade. As the song goes, let it go.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
If you are suggesting starting Montoya tomorrow against the Jets, the only intelligent an well thought out reply I could come up with is: :help:

OT: You a Buckeye fan ? Just reading your OH-I-O. I coach with a Ohio guy and watched the game with his family and friends at a restaurant. A lot of chanting with people in red last night.

Erick*

You hate Markstrom. We all get it. last year you hated kulikov and kopy too. Its fine.

You're so sensitive.

Did I say something that was factually incorrect? How is this any different from your hatred of Clemmensen who was better than Markstrom in their respective times here?

Also, if my thread on the main board was a hate thread not worthy of discussion, why hasn't it been deleted by mods? Nothing I posted in the main board displayed hatred. As a hockey fan, I wanted to know what Vancouver fans thought of Markstrom's future in Vancouver.

And once again, you're taking my "hatred" of Kulikov and Kopecky out of context, but you do what you have to to stick to your narrative.

I'm sorry that I didn't like Kopecky on a scoring line and I'm sorry that I think players like him can be replaced at a cheaper price. That's all I've ever said about Kopecky. I guess most people hate Kopecky since plenty of people on this board feel the same way.

Seriously, can you at least stop defending Markstrom like he's your son every time his name is brought up? At least when you defend Kopecky it's a player who's been decent in his time here when put in the right role.

All I said about Markstrom in this thread in response to a poster is that a reason why we got blown out in Winnipeg last year was because Markstrom was terrible in that game. Is that not a fact?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Hmm, I thought when Markstrom was good, he was GOOD. His rookie season you could see flashes (montreal anybody?). but when he was bad, he was atrocious.

But he was young. He IS young. You can't teach size, but you can teach other things (positioning, technique, etc). Playing behind a veteran mentor cannot be understated, which as far as I'm concerned, he never had here.

he was thrusted into the lineup because of injuries and that's not a good situation for anyone really, especially for a goalie in my opinion. he never was never slated to be the number 2 from the beginning as an understudy.

He has potential, he still can be good, he has the God given tools, it's all about harnessing it now and the environment to the refine it.

Price started slow too. TIM Thomas was a late bloomer. Having a good team in front of you definitely helps as well.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

You're so sensitive.

Did I say something that was factually incorrect? How is this any different from your hatred of Clemmensen who was better than Markstrom in their respective times here?

Also, if my thread on the main board was a hate thread not worthy of discussion, why hasn't it been deleted by mods? Nothing I posted in the main board displayed hatred. As a hockey fan, I wanted to know what Vancouver fans thought of Markstrom's future in Vancouver.

And once again, you're taking my "hatred" of Kulikov and Kopecky out of context, but you do what you have to to stick to your narrative.

I'm sorry that I didn't like Kopecky on a scoring line and I'm sorry that I think players like him can be replaced at a cheaper price. That's all I've ever said about Kopecky. I guess most people hate Kopecky since plenty of people on this board feel the same way.

Seriously, can you at least stop defending Markstrom like he's your son every time his name is brought up? At least when you defend Kopecky it's a player who's been decent in his time here when put in the right role.

All I said about Markstrom in this thread in response to a poster is that a reason why we got blown out in Winnipeg last year was because Markstrom was terrible in that game. Is that not a fact?

I don't think it can be argued that Markstrom wasn't good. We all knew he wasnt. He had flashes of brilliance but he could never be consistent. That's not to say that he can't be good in the future because many goalies do breakout when they're a little older, however I don't think this franchise has the time to keep a young developing goalie in the system when a better one can be had by trading that young goalie away.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
OT: You a Buckeye fan ? Just reading your OH-I-O. I coach with a Ohio guy and watched the game with his family and friends at a restaurant. A lot of chanting with people in red last night.

Heck, no! Born and raised in S. Fl. Grew up a Dolphins and Hurricanes fan. Then Marlins, Heat, and Panthers. Gave up the Marlins for the Reds when they changed, and will never, ever root for the Buckeyes after 2002's championship robbery in the desert.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Hmm, I thought when Markstrom was good, he was GOOD. His rookie season you could see flashes (montreal anybody?). but when he was bad, he was atrocious.

But he was young. He IS young. You can't teach size, but you can teach other things (positioning, technique, etc). Playing behind a veteran mentor cannot be understated, which as far as I'm concerned, he never had here.

he was thrusted into the lineup because of injuries and that's not a good situation for anyone really, especially for a goalie in my opinion. he never was never slated to be the number 2 from the beginning as an understudy.

He has potential, he still can be good, he has the God given tools, it's all about harnessing it now and the environment to the refine it.

Price started slow too. TIM Thomas was a late bloomer. Having a good team in front of you definitely helps as well.
There was still a huge difference between the lockout Markie vs. start of 2013-14 Markie.

During the lockout year, yeah he made some rookie mistakes, but it was mostly the poor team in front of him that let him down. Last season, you just knew he was going to let in that easy goal at least once per game that was going to take away all the momentum the team had.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
There was still a huge difference between the lockout Markie vs. start of 2013-14 Markie.

During the lockout year, yeah he made some rookie mistakes, but it was mostly the poor team in front of him that let him down. Last season, you just knew he was going to let in that easy goal at least once per game that was going to take away all the momentum the team had.

Agree. He looked great some games in the lockout (vs the Pens, 4 games with 1 GAA) but in hindsight I think the knee issues ultimately slowed him down, but he still was playing like he was Rinne on steroids.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

I get that. But the start of last year was supposed to be Thomas/Clemmensen. Clem went down then it was Thomas/Markstrom. He still had not been sitting behind a proven goalie to "learn" from training camp on. I mean, even Thomas came late via tryout.

Part of a growing goalie is the process. And his process was very unpredictable here.

An example of this is Tuukka Rask. People (Claude Julien) talk about how much Tim Thomas helped out his development.

Last edited:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
You're so sensitive.

But in your comment you said Markstrom was playing for the other team which is obviously not a fact, hence why people might think you have an agenda. Plus you talk about him quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad