Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Jets 13/1/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
He creamed Doughty and Kopitar just seconds apart. Last night he lit up Beauchemin and then took out Perry later in the game. He has been a one-man wrecking crew lately. Also, Bogosian is back and has been finding the back of the net. Evander Kane is gonna look to run Luongo/Cubano

This is gonna be a tough one. I remember the last time we went to Peg we went down 4-1 by the second period. We need a strong effort on the last and most grueling game of the road trip. Their barn is loud, obnoxious and hard to play in.

It was interference on Kopitar.

Didn't see the Perry hit.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
To be fair, the last time we lost in Winnipeg (12/22/13), Markstrom was in net and the score was 5-2 Jets.

We beat them 2 weeks prior at home with Thomas by the same score of 5-2. It was the game where Guddy leveled 2 guys behind our net and then we went on a 4 on 2 rush and Olsen scored from the slot. Hayes was slashed by a samurai sword on the last goal.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
\
He had puck control issues no doubt. He made the lst saves each time, but then he became reboundo. It happens to him at times.

Listen we have to play Luongo every time possible, but I understand the desire to sneak him in occasionally even if its not b2b.

Once again great meeting you recently.

I understand people not wanting Montoya in net other than a b2b situation. I just think this could be the game that wakes him up this year.
He was actually a good goalie last year!
As a fan, I just want to see the day again where we all don't cringe when we send in our backup.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
8-1-1 with a 1.91 GAA in his last 10, Lu is the hot hand and deserves to be played. Outside of two games Cubano has been great but he's the backup for a reason.

Erick*

I understand people not wanting Montoya in net other than a b2b situation. I just think this could be the game that wakes him up this year.
He was actually a good goalie last year!
As a fan, I just want to see the day again where we all don't cringe when we send in our backup.

I could be wrong, but I feel like we've had a lot of success with backups over the years.

I'm also not worried about Montoya long-term. It just so happens that we have one of the best starters in the league. It was well-known that Lu would get 60+ games this year if healthy. You can't sit him, especially right now that he's playing well and the team is playing well in front of him. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Let's worry about Winnipeg before we talk about the home games. Lu gives us the best chance to win every night so I hope he's in net.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
The only way pirri can break out of a slump is if he plays. He was setup nicely for two quality scoring chances against edmonton.

I have no doubt he is close to breaking through. Would like to see him play regularly.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
The only way pirri can break out of a slump is if he plays. He was setup nicely for two quality scoring chances against edmonton.

I have no doubt he is close to breaking through. Would like to see him play regularly.

Not so sure about Pirri.

Feel like Tro creates more on his own then Pirri.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Vinny was playing well with Hayes and so much since. I remember seeing Vinny, Jimmy, and Pirri doing well together, but Hayes was even better with Bjugstad so Jimmy and Bunny can't really happen right now.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Vinny was playing well with Hayes and so much since. I remember seeing Vinny, Jimmy, and Pirri doing well together, but Hayes was even better with Bjugstad so Jimmy and Bunny can't really happen right now.

This team has Killer B's, Hood Rats, and a Bunny. :)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Lol darn auto correct! stupid phone Hahahaha. Vinny not Bunny.

There is no bunny but I'll share this though, amongst my family and friends there is a rally pug (as seen on my avatar).

I took that photo over a year ago and I said it will be my cover photo on Facebook when the Panthers make the playoffs. However, sadly last August she passed away so in remembrance I put up her photo anyway. She was loved.

Her photo has been up since August, and since then the team has been doing well. So we began calling her our rally pug.

Last edited:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Oh my, can we win 4 straight and beat north-west Canada all in one road trip?

I can't remember the last time we won 4 in a row. Must be a long time ago..

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Oh my, can we win 4 straight and beat north-west Canada all in one road trip?

I can't remember the last time we won 4 in a row. Must be a long time ago..

December 10-19, 2013

DET (SOW)
WSH (SOW)
MTL (W)
TOR (W)
OTT (W)

Was also the last time we got national recognition before the 20 round shootout / this season

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Do not play Montoya. I'm not saying the Jets are amazing, but they are no slouch. If the majority of the reasoning for playing Montoya is to get his confidence up, then there's no point because Montoya would probably get lit up. I think Cubano has been a very good backup, but you absolutly have to go with the hot hand, Luongo. He had one bad goal because he couldn't get a hold of the puck, but I don't blame him for that since its the exception, not the rule. Maybe the Vancouver game gave Lu the extra punch he needed to start playing elite. Now is a great time to start a win streak. Luongo should get the start.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Worrell really looks bad, so much weight :(

B7FnwzACUAE6nZZ.jpg:large

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Man I wish the Jets were out of the playoff race. Would of loved to see Tallon go after Buff or Ladd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad