Speculation: Panthers inquired on Hall

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Hoffman would prob be going the other way, imo. Might be a way to dump Matheson too for a NJD depth D. Toss in Borg and you upgrade your LW, get rid of a bad contract in Matheson, and kick the team in the ass

NJD get Borg, potential upside and risk with Matheson, and could sign Hoffman.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Based on main boards, NJD
Needs a top 4 LHD. Curious that Matheson was scratched. Anyone know if he’s playing tonight?

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Who makes up for Mathesons minutes? Serious question.

I don't think he's so bad but trading D away would be a mistake with our lack of depth there

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Who makes up for Mathesons minutes? Serious question.

I don't think he's so bad but trading D away would be a mistake with our lack of depth there
We would Prob get a depth D back in a trade. He’s playing on the third pair so it’s manageable

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I would jump all over this. Hoff is not a long term solution, Dads is not a guarantee. Adding high end talent like Hall could be huge. If we're not giving up barkov, huby, ekblad, I'm up for anything that's reasonable if we can sign him.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Don’t know if it’ll work cap wise and you don’t typically see trades this big, but send them Hoffman, Pysyk, Vatrano or Sceviour, Monty, Borg or Hepo, 1st rounder.

for

Hall
Wood
Domingue

Reactions: LastOfADyingBeard

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
We need Knight. He could be our goalie solution for 20 years. You don’t just give that up.
Could be...unfortunately, our core is young and ready now. In 5 years when Knight is ready, we have limited financial space if we luckily resign Hubs and Barky. This could be the constrained optimal ;)

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Hutsko possibly? Troch, Hutsko, 1st and some filler

If it is a sign and trade, I'd offer Knight.

I was thinking Gildon, does he count as Boston area?

Even with sign and trade I'd want to keep Knight. He's equivalent to a top 3 pick to me at the moment.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Any idea who could center the 2nd line? Unfortunately, it would be Borg, Boyle, or Malgin, unless Q's affair with Acciari continues ;) Maye we try to get someone like Zajac out of NJ too?

Reactions: harv33173

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad