Post-Game Talk: Panthers head into the break on a 4 game win streak, beat Isles 3-2 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
He's a good top 9 and he's one of our best forecheckers. Maurice isn't gonna willingly sit him.
I agree that he is a good forechecker and Maurice won't sit him.

But good top 9 while averaging 20 points per season? Come on. He obviously only gets upper lines minutes because we have no other choices.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

But good top 9 while averaging 20 points per season? Come on. He obviously only gets upper lines minutes because we have no other choices.
I don't believe a good third line forechecking winger should be measured in points Scored.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

He's gotten 38, 31,and 41 pts the last three seasons while playing less than full seasons. He's a top 9 guy. He shouldn't be 2nd line, but 3rd line is just about right.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
He's gotten 38, 31,and 41 pts the last three seasons while playing less than full seasons. He's a top 9 guy. He shouldn't be 2nd line, but 3rd line is just about right.
You slipped in the column. That's his PIMs.

Attachments

• 1000015654.jpg
    1000015654.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 2

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Whoops my bad, still he has scored about 30 pts per season pro-rated the last 3 seasons.
I am glad he is on our team. My point just is that I do not want to see him on the 1st or 2nd line (again) if we are not forced to do so. And he does not have any skill or speed to put him as a mainstay on the 1st or 2nd line on any team.

3rd is absolutely fine, I'd even prefer him on the 4th. His value comes in his versatility and being a rat - perfect for our team.

Reactions: RogerRoger

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I am glad he is on our team. My point just is that I do not want to see him on the 1st or 2nd line (again) if we are not forced to do so. And he does not have any skill or speed to put him as a mainstay on the 1st or 2nd line on any team.

3rd is absolutely fine, I'd even prefer him on the 4th. His value comes in his versatility and being a rat - perfect for our team.
I don't think anybody wants him on our top 2 lines, including Maurice. Last playoffs, he didn't have many options. I think the unified goal of Zito and Maurice is to have him on the 4th, after the TDL. For now, the 3rd is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad